new members

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

new members

Post by nthendpompey » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:27 pm

how can we incourage new members to the site.have notice a lack of posts across the forum.i know time of year slow fishing .but other sites have a regular daily posts.come on chaps lets talk

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:55 pm

Know what you mean mate but I have been a member virtually since it started and there has always been just a handful (maybe up to 20) who do any regular posting. Tell you what though, if it gets a bit warmer next week and I decide to go plaice hunting, I will definitely post if a minor miracle occurs and I actually catch a plaice over 1 lb :-O

Yakdiver
Regular
Regular

Post by Yakdiver » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:19 am

Well I haven't posted for a while due to the facr I have not been out fishing, the mind is willing, but the body feels the cold roll on the spring

fishface123

Post by fishface123 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:49 pm

i havnt posted much because i go out on my boat now and thought this was more for beach fishing. i always keep an eye on this site and it has definatly been quiet if it wasnt for mick it would be 50% less .
if you want to here about me blanking on my boat i would post more lol.

pompeyjoe
Regular
Regular

Post by pompeyjoe » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:47 pm

Yeah Im pretty much the same not been on the beach for ages as ive been out in a boat............planning a Plaice fish with my son soon weather permitting Eastney beach so will post then :)

Tonysand

talking

Post by Tonysand » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:59 pm

I agree we need more posts from more different members, but I feel a few members seem to think some of the questions from the less experienced anglers are not treated with the respect they deserve. I am nearly 70 years old and have been fishing since I was 5, but I still think some of the comments made by experienced anglers seem dismissive or patronising and I am sure this puts folk off, I surely does put me off sometimes.
At the risk of being accused of going on a bit, I have dozens of times signed into the chat forum but never found anyone in so to speak, is it still going, and if yes can it be advertised and promoted as that might help attract folk to the site despite the lack of catch reports due to the time of year.

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:57 pm

pompeyjoe wrote:Yeah Im pretty much the same not been on the beach for ages as ive been out in a boat............planning a Plaice fish with my son soon weather permitting Eastney beach so will post then :)
look forward to reading your catch report of many plaice caught.shouldnt be long before they show in more numbers.
mick

dabhand
Regular
Regular

Post by dabhand » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:45 pm

personally, i think people just get bored with a certain site and go elsewhere. look how many less people use facebook now for instance and use sites such as twitter instead.
i am guilty of it as well as i use a more local fishing site in kent that has far less users but more people post on it , in which case it is more beneficial to me.
i do regularly go fishing, nearly every fortnight so will make more of an effort to paste and copy my trips on here as well

SeaTurtle
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SeaTurtle » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:35 am

I haven't been on here for a while ('cos I forgot my login details ) ........... but I'm back now !

Cheers,

Dave

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:05 am

SeaTurtle wrote:I haven't been on here for a while ('cos I forgot my login details ) ........... but I'm back now !

Cheers,

Dave
Welcome back dave ;)

SeaTurtle
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SeaTurtle » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:42 am

Nice to be back mate !

Cheers,

Dave

fishface123

Post by fishface123 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:58 pm

went out on my boat in lee on solent last night . used mackeral squid and live prawns was out for 2 hours caught nothing came home. went to bed at half eleven reading a book i just bought from ebay, about boat fishing and how amazing it is and how you always catch when boat fishing quickly put it down was asleep by twelve. :D :D :D

i even bore myself sometimes :D

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:41 pm

if you dont try you wont catch mate.still ,tucked up with a good book is always worthwhile :D :D