Brighton Marina Friday 2/3/12

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

Metalmark
Occasional
Occasional

Brighton Marina Friday 2/3/12

Post by Metalmark »

DannyFisher n I decided to let the Train take the Strain and headed to Brighton on Friday 2d March in search of some Red Spots...

Not ever fished this venue b4 packed loadsa rigs including spoons, 2 hook flappers n 3 hook jobbies. Danny assured me of some action and boy was he right!

We met at Soton station for the 09.18 train full of anticipation and optimism!

1.1/2 hours later we arrived, had a fag (ha ha in Brighton) ok a cigarette, then jumped on the #7 bus to the Marina. got off the bus headed str8 to Maccy D`s for a breakkie then on to the Marina Wall for some Flattie Bashin!

1st chuck... some 20yds out i had a Bite which resulted in a flounder to Lug, didnt take a piccy as it was a smallen (10oz or so)... then Danny had a knock which resulted in our first Red spot.

Baited up my little Sonik and went for the mini species... in for 10 mins then out popped my first Sea Scorpian to Mackerel
Then dans turn, a nice little rattle... Dab on...
Dans turn for the mini`s, out goes the "sabikis" hunting for the Herring.... rrr rrr... happy Bunny
My turn next.... tip rattled ever so slighty... left it coz i wanted a fag... (sorry say it carefully in that neck of the woods) Ciggy! and "Fish on" Plaice for me too...
Image soz bout the stupid piccy was takin the micky out of a friend. LOL
my mini rod is sat there all lonesome when another Sea Scorpian makes an appearance... all 8" of him... Angry little Monster
after which Dan misses 3 good bites on the trot ...anyway then comes the Dab fest! Dan Had prob 6 on the bounce...followed by a small Flounder
[img]http://i1065.photobuImage
Tides coming right in at this stage ad its all rods twitching all over the show....small Tides coming right in at this stage ad its all rods twitching all over the show....small Flounder
followed by a Ciggy break by me waiting for a bite to develop when i get this....double shot of Plaice..

then to top that Danny has a 2 hook up of Whiting n Dab and i have a 3 hook up of 2 Dabs n a Whiting..
As its starting to get Dark the rods are going crazy.... Dans having Dabs every cast along with the obligatory 5 bearded Slug and i manage to scratch out my first 5 Bearded Rockling of the year, probably my last too!

By far the best days fishing this year for the pair of us!
We also got some free clothing on the way home.... :D

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey »

good session there guys,love your fishing pants mark B-)

Metalmark
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Metalmark »

nthendpompey wrote:good session there guys,love your fishing pants mark B-)
:D Cheers Mick, am taking orders if u wanna pair! ;) LMAO

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

Cracking session lads, well done on the plaice =D>

wannacatch1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by wannacatch1 »

sounds like a cracking session nice to see a few pics aswell :D

CHEERS DAZ :D

oneeyedyoda

Post by oneeyedyoda »

good report... rigs,bait and the all important distance. thanks :)