Magazine Lane (03/02/12)

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey »

come fish the charity comp on the 22nd april at lee on solent.there will be some strange faces there.all for a good cause.
mick.

oneeyedyoda

Post by oneeyedyoda »

thanks. nthendpompey will keep that in mind... cheers :)

mikee75

Post by mikee75 »

where abouts is good to fish at maggy? ive only googled the place so have no experience of it but would like to give new venues a go. Seen where the sailing club is so got some barings. any advice fellas would be hugely appreciated
thanks n tight lines
mikee

Metalmark
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Metalmark »

Mikee,

Have fished it a couple times over the last month now but have found Anywhere along the sea wall m8, your into min 55ft water even at low tide, even tho when the tides right out its a pig gettin any fish up n out as there are a fair few rocks below the wall.... I always tend to fish by the "Millbrook Buoy" you will see it there towards the other end from sailing club and its only a few yards out from the wall, 1 piece of advice is to reel in quite quickly tho or you will lose gear!

Tight Lines

Mark

oneeyedyoda

Post by oneeyedyoda »

if you do decide to fish the low tide their are two (sort of beaches) spots. the first is at the yacht club end, between the yacht club and the start of the wall. the secound is the other end of the wall. it just saves having to drag the fish and gear over the rocks and up the wall.
there are a lot of whiteing and pout their at the moment.
the evening or night session always seems to be more productive but thats not to say the daytime is rubbish.
defanatly take some ragworm.

goodluck

mikee75

Post by mikee75 »

cheers for the advice fellas, think i might give it a bash on sunday if the missus will drop me off. will give a look on the satelite shots from google to make sure i get it right lol. Be good to get to know a new venue...
tight lines all
mikee