Sea Fishing - Double Dykes This weather?

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

Blakie

Sea Fishing - Double Dykes This weather?

Post by Blakie »

Hi guys, Hope someone can help me make up my mind.

I am a fine weather fisherman who is thinking of fishing Double Dykes at southbourne on Friday night. However the weather is looking pretty crap, I don't mind a bit of wind and a few showers, but do the fish like it? They are pretty wet already so I wouldn't think they mind, but are they more likely or less likely to be biting in this weather? I have blanked the last 3 times in quite nice weather anyway, so probably wont make a lot of difference.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Speciman

Post by Speciman »

Good question.. wind - if anything a bit of surf will stir things up a bit and perhaps bring them on the feed. As for the rain I dont think this makes any difference however the low air pressure and cloud cover associated with it might (for some species). Suggest fishing fairly close in for the bass; if using 2 rods fish baits on one rod and worm on another. If there's weed down there you could run into problems though.

Blakie

Post by Blakie »

Thats great, thanks for your help. How close in should i be for the bass, your ''close in'' is probably my max cast :) . bit i am working on it.

Thanks again

mag-elite

Post by mag-elite »

most of the bass ive caught have been no more than 25 feet from the beach if there is a surf running if its calm then vary your cast from 10 yards to 50 yards if they are around they should be in that area.

Blakie

Post by Blakie »

Brilliant ! Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Blakie