Hurst Shingle Bank this Friday night

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

Billy8544

Hurst Shingle Bank this Friday night

Post by Billy8544 »

Going to give Hurst Shingle Bank a try this Friday night 21st Oct. Not fished there before. After a few tips on where about on the bank to fish, what to expect and what bait best to try. Apparently it's a small tide and we're fishing it down then up. Any tips would be much appreciated.

woods

Post by woods »

i will be fishing the shingle bank thursday night and friday night will let you know how i get on. will be fishing high tide to low. when the tide starts to flood it can become unfishable with the stronge tide and weed.

Billy8544

Post by Billy8544 »

Ok thanks for that. Good luck.

woods

Post by woods »

i fished the bank thursday and friday night and didnt catch anything my mate had a couple of dogs.

Billy8544

Post by Billy8544 »

I went Friday night. Myself and a couple of mates fished from 6pm til 10pm. We crossed the bridge and walked about 200 yds towards the castle and fished the bank there.
I personally had a Sole, about 1lb, a Blonde and Undulate Ray. Both rays were very small. All caught on the same rig, a 3 hook flapper. Top 2 hooks with Mackeral and bottom hook with Rag.
The other lads had a bass, doggies, Tub Gurnard and another Ray. All fish were caught in the first 2 hours of fishing after that we hardly had a bite between us.
We all fished a second rod with a big bait in the hope of a decent Bass or Codling/Cod but no joy. Will definately be returning on the next small tide.

woods

Post by woods »

well done on catching a few fish mate.

struggler

Post by struggler »

think the tide will be wrong for the shingle bank fri eve you will have trouble with tide and weed on the flood
cheers