Hayling Report 17/09

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

SimonV
Occasional
Occasional

Hayling Report 17/09

Post by SimonV »

I got to the Inn on the beach late afternoon, to lovely sunshine but quite strong winds. The tide was on its way out and due to the amount of windsurfers, i decided to wait till later to fish (they would of wiped me out anyway). An hour or so before dark, the clouds started to come in, dark as anything. All of a sudden the heavens opened, and the wind picked up even more. The lightening started along with the hale (i got soaked). Anyway, when the storm moved, i started to fish. I had a couple of taps but nothing worth hitting.
A couple of guys walked past and stopped for a chat... turned out to be "allwayslearning" and his bro. Really nice lads.
About 11pm i had a couple of short taps on the right hand rod, so i reeled in and had 2 nice little Whiting on. My first of the species, so i was over the moon... on my first homemade rig as well.
There wasn't any weed (westerly wind i guess) and it turned out to be a great trip.

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey »

well done mate on catching a couple on your own rigs,ahd braving the elements.
mick.

wannacatch1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by wannacatch1 »

Well done m8y always a nice buzz catching on your own rig.Alwayslearning should change that to alwaysfishing (fairplay Stu) ;) Stu sent you a pm m8.

DAZ

B-) B-) B-) B-)

allwayslearning

Post by allwayslearning »

lol daz if im not workin then im fishing !!!!!
having a few decent carp at the mo so fuk drivin to the coast to blank when i can drive a mile or 2 n do the same !!!! :D

wannacatch1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by wannacatch1 »

Fair point Stu . ;) ;)

DAZ B-) B-)

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

I sort of suspected we could see whiting before long, well done simon for reporting some. Hopefully we will see some bigger ones after dark in the next few weeks.

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

allwayslearning wrote:lol daz if im not workin then im fishing !!!!!
having a few decent carp at the mo so fuk drivin to the coast to blank when i can drive a mile or 2 n do the same !!!! :D
Put a report in the fresh water section ;)