rough stormy weather

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

SimonV
Occasional
Occasional

Post by SimonV »

Thanks for that. Think im going to try for next weekend now.

allwayslearning

Post by allwayslearning »

ive just got back in after the morning/early afternoon on hayling collecting bait then went to pagham to have a look there , then ended up fishing town quay for a few hrs , the weed was unbeliveable on hayling , bad at pagham and town quay was fine had a couple small pout but after being blown away allday i missed the home comforts and left

frenchbar

Post by frenchbar »

2 days of fishing 2 bass 5 1/2 and 4 1/2 lb all on frozen mack ,not bad for 4 hours of fishing.

wannacatch1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by wannacatch1 »

frenchbar wrote:2 days of fishing 2 bass 5 1/2 and 4 1/2 lb all on frozen mack ,not bad for 4 hours of fishing.
Well done m8 good fish where were you fishing.

DAZ :D :D

Metalmark
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Metalmark »

frenchbar wrote:2 days of fishing 2 bass 5 1/2 and 4 1/2 lb all on frozen mack ,not bad for 4 hours of fishing.
2 days of fishing????? surely thats 48hrs??? not 4?????

Mark ;)

wannacatch1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by wannacatch1 »

Did not notice that Mark :D how blonde am I.Any Frenchbar What mark did you go to?

DAZ B-) B-)

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey »

best pm him guys ,he isnt going to tell you over the forum,i wouldnt.
always put out a spare rod with a live pout/whiting,5-6 inches, into the gutter this time of year,you never know what you may pick up,no head lights flashing around the waters edge.
mick

wglufc

Post by wglufc »

same every where no one ever says where they caught bit of a joke aint it ment to be a fourm so everyone can see where best for fishing at the time but no one put it up so whats the point in saying anything might aswell of keep quiet

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

Try the back of the pyramids in Portsmouth with limpet for bass action at night. When live baiting for bass the round tower is a top spot. As is South parade pier on the lower deck. (normally people get there live bait from there anyway at low water). Eastney near the ferry is another good spot for bass fishing with limpet. Near the ferry is the lifeboat launch. Live bait there for some good bass action.(it is a nursery area though). Near the monument to the left of clarence beach the wall starts. Fish in the corner with live bait or whole squid for some bass action too. Dont forget southsea castle for the early sole fishing too and early whiting ;) plus good bass.

As you can tell i will share the spots that many know anyway. Cant be doing with the secret fisherman crap that goes on in fresh water and sea. No fisherman owns the coast so it stands to reason that all can benefit from it

wglufc

Post by wglufc »

flattiefanatic

was not aimed at you you always let us know just some people on here don't say anythink about where they fish just don't see why you would be on a forum if your not willing to share info on good fishing spots etc

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

I fish virtually all the spots on Hayling at various states of the tide and depending on conditions. Biggest bass have been taken at Sandy Point, Eastoke Point and Inn on the Beach. Biggest codling was at the Coastguard Staion and sole near the sandbanks. Got to use the right gear for sole though - small hooks on running legers with worm baits. Oh and BTW could be some dabs around soon, had them near the Funfair in the past.
Oh forgot the smuts - go to Eastoke Corner but the season's over now.

allwayslearning

i left 20 yrs off carp fishing because of the secrets n the bullsh*t , shame that we cant all benifit from the forum to see where is good n not , maybe if e all post asmuch as we can about where and when then the people that think its a big secret will see that if it im the public and it still has no affect on there fishing then they might post aswell !!!!

i can tell you i been to town quay for evening/nite and no fish , few good nocks but nothing on the bank :((

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

If your getting knocks then there's something about. You could try scaling down on hook size, other than this crabs?
cheers
keith :D :D
Last edited by rabbi2 on Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

allwayslearning

rabbi2 wrote:If your getting knocks then there's something about. You could try scaling down on hook sizeother than this crabs?
cheers
keith :D :D
i did downsize but think it was bit late , it was a quiet nite for everyone when i arrived at 7 ish there must have been 25-30 rods in the water !!!!!
all i see on the bank was a few sole but none keepers :((

cheers
stuart :D

Metalmark
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Metalmark »

Allwayslearning: I had my first sesh at T/Q last saturday evening.... I was using basic running ledger and 2 hook flapper rigs all with size 4 hooks............. caught plenty mate mostly on worm but had a scad on a small piece of Pout.

Mark