rough stormy weather

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

allwayslearning

rough stormy weather

Post by allwayslearning »

i see this weeks weather is going to be stormy and very windy , is this a good time to fish , good catch rates or is it worth waiting till after ??

thanks stuart

SimonV
Occasional
Occasional

Post by SimonV »

Hopfuly it will be amazing fishing by Sat lol.

allwayslearning

SimonV wrote:Hopfuly it will be amazing fishing by Sat lol.
im hoping so to but might go out this week aswell , i was told it is normaly good after a storm as it rucksis the bottom up ............

we will see the weekend how true it is lol

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Normally the fishing is quite good after a good blow due to the sea bed being well and truly churned up exposing food for the fish to come in and feed on. I very rarely fish windy weather as it makes the bites difficult to distinguish from the wind and waves.
Cheers
keith :D :D

allwayslearning

rabbi2 wrote:Normally the fishing is quite good after a good blow due to the sea bed being well and truly churned up exposing food for the fish to come in and feed on. I very rarely fish windy weather as it makes the bites difficult to distinguish from the wind and waves.
Cheers
keith :D :D
thanks mate , is the fishing any better during a blow i have got some stiff rods so will be better to tell if its worth going :D :D

wannacatch1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by wannacatch1 »

Hi stu I normally like to fish after a blow give you a buzz Fri/sat M8Y.

CHEERS DAZ :D :D Scott might be up for it too

allwayslearning

wannacatch1 wrote:Hi stu I normally like to fish after a blow give you a buzz Fri/sat M8Y.

CHEERS DAZ :D :D Scott might be up for it too
ok mate

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

I was originally thinking Thursday but they have changed the forecast again in the last 12 hours so am now thinking Friday or Saturday. If there is any limpet about after the wind, it could be good to bait up with same and do some close in fishing for bass even in daylight.

allwayslearning

where can you get the limpet ?

stuart

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

Hayling tackle shop sometimes has some frozen, otherwise you hunt around on the beach as the tide starts to drop. You need to look on those beaches which are exposed to SW winds and surf. Mind you it's not always guaranteed that there will be any on the beaches.

SimonV
Occasional
Occasional

Post by SimonV »

This wind is ment to stay all week. Im out on sat but my mate says it will be impossible to fish Hayling as the wind will of moved the weed? Do you think this will be the case? and ill be better off going to Haslar??

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

Well that depends on the wind direction, south and south west can sometimes bring weed but if it stays west or even towards NW there will not be much weed. I will be going down the beach later or tomorrow to check out the situation and try to remember to do a post. It also depends on where you fish too - probably not much point in doing Eastoke Point area but Funfair/Inn on the Beach could be OK.

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

I will probably take my carp rod out with some limpet and target some nice bass Friday ;)

SimonV
Occasional
Occasional

Post by SimonV »

Looks like W to SW for the rest of the week. Will aim for Inn on the Beech i think

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

Went down the beach about an hour ago (3.30). Not as rough as I imagined but still unfishable at present. However, there seems to be no weed although that could change in the next 24 hours.