bognor 20/2/11

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

browners
Occasional
Occasional

bognor 20/2/11

Post by browners »

was planning on fishing friday night down bognor sea front , but weather was not what i wanted . f6 straight in your face . with the surf being bad at high water at the moment , thought it would be a nightmare . so did not go . sunday night looked good , since i had the bait waiting in the fridge . decided at the last moment to go . got down there around 9pm high water was around 1am and a massive 6.4 . weather was spot on , over cast with as good as no wind . with a little colour in the water and as good as flat calm . armed with lug , rag , sandeel and squid . was going to fish 2 hook loop rig at range and a 3 hook flapper in close . was in to small rockling and odd small flounders , straight away mainly 5 bearded and shore rockling . but did manage a 3 bearded . most coming on the flapper and rag .
as high tide came the swell was unreal , concidering it was calm with no wind . sport went dead over high water . then just as i was packing up at 3am as it was dead . my distance rod started tapping away and went slack . picked it up , must of reeled in 30 or more yards before i felt any weight . luckly the swell had died off and out of the surf came a bass . weighed in at 6lb6oz , result .had taken rag and sandeel cocktail .
nice way to end the trip . roll on my plaice trip tuesday morning

SeaTurtle
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SeaTurtle »

Top bombing Browners ........... that's a cracking kippa !

Cheers,

Dave

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

well done that man nice to see a good fish .good luck for tuesday
steve

fishingnuts95
Occasional
Occasional

Post by fishingnuts95 »

thats a cracking bass! well done also good luck for tuesday! :)
fishingnuts95

pompeykev
Occasional
Occasional

Post by pompeykev »

Well done Browners! That's a nice bass - seems like there are a few about now. Good luck with the plaice tomorrow

Kev

wannacatch1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by wannacatch1 »

Spot on m8,nice to see a good fish on the beach this time of yr ,It gives us all hope and something to think about well done. B-) :D

SeaTurtle
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SeaTurtle »

To be quite honest I'd even take that "slug" at the moment !!

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

Blimey, just shows what a bit of persistance will achieve. WD mate, makes me think again of having a bash at night which I haven't done lately.

wannacatch1
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by wannacatch1 »

Put my rods up for the last 1 1/2 months, may be time to have dangle fingers crossed.

cuckoo

Post by cuckoo »

Way to go al , cracking silver for the comp mate :D :D