Bognor pier?

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

Jebend

Bognor pier?

Post by Jebend »

Saw quite a few anglers on the pier this morning whilst i was driving to work, it was a beautful morning, anyone know if there is anything showing up there?

Jebend

browners
Occasional
Occasional

Post by browners »

i walked the dog along there 1st thing . spoke to them , they had nothing . not that much colour in the water , so expect was to bright . plus if you do fish the pier be warned does get busy and the polish are a pain

CBing

Post by CBing »

I keep having a glance for anyone fishing but I seem to have been flat out with work since i decided to start up! I've got to make some time!

browners
Occasional
Occasional

Post by browners »

nothing worse than watching others fish , when your not . still wont be long and things should pick up :)

Jebend

Post by Jebend »

Yeah i havent fished on the pier in years, it must be about 8 years since i fished it, couple of my mates have caught some absolute beauties up there, but i prefer fishing off the shore, i cant cope with people casting over my line, ruins the experience ha!

Jebend

browners
Occasional
Occasional

Post by browners »

last time i fished it it was ramed , some russian just walked up and started fishing between my 2 rods ................they were only about 3 foot apart ............. i told him were to go in good old english . he then moved back down the pier . to more abuse . it gets a joke down there . ive not fished it since ....................

Jebend

Post by Jebend »

My mate had a 5lb sole off there a few years back, think its a starting place for a new angler, dont think i would fish up there again.

Jebend

browners
Occasional
Occasional

Post by browners »

Jebend wrote: My mate had a 5lb sole off there a few years back, think its a starting place for a new angler, dont think i would fish up there again.

Jebend
that a dam good sole ............
they get the odd big fish of there but not alot . mostly small . better fishing down pagham and felpham/middleton . and you get left alone unlick the pier

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

5lb is a monster sole and beats the boat record Boat Captured Sole Record 4-01-12 Great Bank Channel Isles A T Chivers 1993

The shore record still stands Shore Captured Sole Record 6-08-10 Alderney N V Guilmoto 1991

Well done that man anyway =D>

Jebend

Post by Jebend »

Yeah aparently it was the biggest sole caught off bognor in 60years or something, bet it tasted good aswell, and he doesnt stop talking about the sole still to this day im sure it will be bought up whilst were fishing!!

If ive got enough energy i like to fish church norton, the majority of the best fishing i have done has been round there, and there is hardly anyone there aswell, misses most of the weed aswell, never fished it at night mind, not sure if i would be locked in the carpark, most of a summer fishing place.

Jebend

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Just as a matter of interest has anyone got any ideas why these East Europeans act in this manner, please no racist answers, just an honest insight into their mindset, any ideas????

dannypanter
Advanced User
Advanced User

polish fishing

Post by dannypanter »

joliroger wrote:Just as a matter of interest has anyone got any ideas why these East Europeans act in this manner, please no racist answers, just an honest insight into their mindset, any ideas????

When i lived in Germany they believed that putting the fish back in the water poissoned the fish and harmed others in the water i think they think along these lines ( altho that was fresh water but the mentality is the same )

Danny

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

Hi guys even though this discussion has been interesting(love to catch a sole that big ;) ) unfortunately i have had to interveen. As a moderator and with the sites best interest at heart i am going to lock this thread. I have removed one post and pm the member to explain why i have done so. With so many members on this site and loads of visitors daily we have to be careful what is written.

I do understand personal views and everyone is entitled to there own opinion. However i must adhere to the site rules and so must everyone else. I hope you guys can understand this and keep posting.

Flattiefanatic ;)