Newbie to the site from Bognor!

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

CBing

Newbie to the site from Bognor!

Post by CBing »

Just thought id say hello and thanks for the advice so far!
I've been reading from the site for a few weeks and I'm now going to give sea fishing a go. I've recently moved down to Bognor from Yorkshire so only fished freshwater and never done any beach casting etc, after reading a few of the posts about bait that bites and fish that sting I was a bit nervous!

I'm going to give spinning a go first and take things from there as i have experience with that from pike fishing for a number of years. So if your on the beach and see someone half wrapped up in line, freezing to death with a treble stuck in the forehead, come say hi! ;)

feathers

Post by feathers »

Welcome Cbing.

Well if your waiting to spin then you will have a far old wait, its more of a summer tactic.
Obviously locally you have the pier, Pagham area & Selsey for spinning, this time of the year though conventional beach casting tatics are the best.

Regards

CBing

Post by CBing »

Lol you may have just saved me 6 months of misery! No, Im going to pop into the local tackle shop later on and work out the best plan of attack, Thanks for the advice :)

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

HI CBING AND WELCOME ABOARD YOUR BEST MODE OF ATTACK IS TO PUT A POST UP SAYING WHEN YOUR GOING AND ASK IF ANYONE FANCYS JOINING YOU OR POST CAN I MEET UP WITH SOMEONE. I WOULD BE SUPRISED IF YOU DONT GET AN OFFER TO HELP/SHOW YOU THE ROPES SO TO SPEEK THERE A GREAT BUNCH OF GUYS AND GIRLS ON HEAR
BEST OF LUCK AND LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR REPORTS
STEVE

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

CBing wrote:Lol you may have just saved me 6 months of misery! No, Im going to pop into the local tackle shop later on and work out the best plan of attack, Thanks for the advice :)
Good luck in your fishing adventures. I will wait for a bit then tackle the beaches then, probably the match on the 5th will probably be my next go ;)
Last edited by Anonymous on Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

browners
Occasional
Occasional

Post by browners »

welcome . im in bognor . if you need any pointers , just give us a shout :)

Sax-Lee

Post by Sax-Lee »

Welcome mate, im new from Bognor too. Just been down the pier, caught a small whiting. Might see you around :)

CBing

Post by CBing »

That sounds good I'll be knocking about down there tomorrow just to have a look and see if anyones fishing and catching!

Jebend

Post by Jebend »

im bognor aswell, my advice is go to aldwick angling, the guys in there are really friendly and will point you in the right direction, there are some good spots about, just gotta wait for a clear evening to get out there!

Jebend

CBing

Post by CBing »

Hi Jebend, I went in earlier and did just that! He was a great help and is now my local tackle shop! He recommended waiting a little while for better fishing but I'm not afraid of a blank and I'm notoriously impatient so I'll be out soon! Maybe see you around

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

thats the way cbing cos you never know there just might be that one fish around and it may be a good one .but most of all enjoy your fishing
steve

Jebend

Post by Jebend »

CBing wrote:Hi Jebend, I went in earlier and did just that! He was a great help and is now my local tackle shop! He recommended waiting a little while for better fishing but I'm not afraid of a blank and I'm notoriously impatient so I'll be out soon! Maybe see you around
Its worth a shot still, gets you out of the house! yeah hopefully see you around, keep us posted when your next going out and if im around i will come say hello, i will let you know when im off out aswell!

jebend