Fishing wirh goldenballs 09/11/10

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

cuckoo

Fishing wirh goldenballs 09/11/10

Post by cuckoo »

Last minute decision to hit the quay last night and fish for the bass again , arrived and was fishing by 9pm , fished with steve1976 and jaycee , absolutely peed down for a couple of hours then just the odd shower , the bass were very hungry :D , steve was first in with another monster , weighing in at 8lb 1 oz ..........................

another belter mate , well done ;) , he then had no live pout so stuck a dead one down , within minutes he was smashed up again and pulled in this one around the 2 lb mark ............

another live bait down , and off again , this one was on the surface , a good 4-6 lber unfortunately spat the hook as i went for the net :-O , me , well i was doing my bit for conservation by cathing and releasing 5 in the water :o dropped the bloody lot :D :D however i did snag a small flattie , well im sure its a dab , B-) .................

oh yes i also managed a 5 bearded slug too :D , great last minute decisison to get out , absolute peed down at 5.30 am so we called it a night and went home ,

cheers

lee.

SeaTurtle
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SeaTurtle »

Some cracking bass there again for Steve ...........

........... and I'm sorry Lee but I'm fairly confident that that's a dab !

Hopefully see you down there soon !

Cheers,

Dave

dannypanter
Advanced User
Advanced User

town quay

Post by dannypanter »

Well done Lee and Steve on the bass A BLOODY GAIN lol and yes that defo is a dab mate

danny

berus
Occasional
Occasional

Post by berus »

Nice fish - must give TQ a go soon as I haven't been out since I fished Bognor a couple of months back.

Mark

robc22
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by robc22 »

grest fish and pics guys......thats a real nice bass........

natureboy

Post by natureboy »

Another great report lads!
I'm curious, what bait/rigs are you using to target the dabs down there? Are you fishing at distance or close in?
I've never caught a flatfish and would like to give it a try (not specimen hunting, anything would do). You guys seem to have had a fair amount of success with them over the past few months!
Any tips or pointers would be useful.

Cheers.

cuckoo

Post by cuckoo »

Hello mate , all i use for the baitfish and anything else up there is a 2 hook clip down rig size 4 hooks (keep them sharp ) no more than a 50 yard cast is needed , for the sole i use short snoods couple of beads and again size 4 hooks , no need to cast very far at this venue as most of the time the fish are feeding off the natural resources ie the pylons right underneath ;)

natureboy

Post by natureboy »

Thanks for the info Cuckoo!
Sounds like I have been doing the right thing. I'll keep trying.
What bait are you catching the flatties on? I'm assuming rag??