town quay 01/10/10

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

cuckoo

town quay 01/10/10

Post by cuckoo » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:51 pm

Fished there last night , hoping for a bit of a swell on the water , arrived at 6.30 pm and it was flat calm , a bit of a shower saw us getting a tad wet for the first hour , then it stopped ! no rain and no wind all night , the sea was like a sheet of glass and the fishing was very poor , few pout and pin whiting with the added bonus of the bigger pout and poor cod showing ive had a few poor cod this year already but keep forgetting to photo them for the species hunt so i snapped this one .............

the bass fishing was non exsistent , with one hit early on which i missed and then one about 5 am which i managed to snag , only going about 1.5 lbs but was a welcome after the quiet night ........

I really cant believe the lack of 5 lb plus bass this year they will either show in the next few weeks or not at all , having said that , the netter netting the inside of the old royal pier is not helping the situation at all , might explain the lack of bass and mullet :((

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:28 am

Quite surprised that you didn't find any sole in those conditions Cuck but I can tell you that it's been just as poor down here for the last few weeks; maybe I will have to make the trip to join you sometime.
Anyway I am hoping that this stormy weather will change things a tad - going to do a couple of the up coming evening tides.

thejugs

Post by thejugs » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:21 am

has anybody reported the netter?

cuckoo

Post by cuckoo » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:27 pm

eccles wrote:Quite surprised that you didn't find any sole in those conditions Cuck but I can tell you that it's been just as poor down here for the last few weeks; maybe I will have to make the trip to join you sometime.
Anyway I am hoping that this stormy weather will change things a tad - going to do a couple of the up coming evening tides.
Your right rich , funny old place the quay the bigger sole showed on a full moon with a lot of wind :-O just as the conditions seemed perfect the sole dissapear :(

p.s your more than welcome to join us when ever you like ;)