A weekend on the quay

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

cuckoo

A weekend on the quay

Post by cuckoo » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:08 pm

Friday night saw us meeting up with , steve 1976 , billytattoo , turkish and mark annelli , bloody cold night and the fishing was very slow , great to meet mark and turkish 2 very nice fellas , whos interest in fishing is second to none ! , we werent bothered by the local nutter as mark was his mate that night :D :D anyway good start to the night with a few small plaice showing , mark bagging the biggest , pout and pin whiting showing in numbers , then as it got dark , all went quiet , struggled to get pout and whiting for bait , good old knock and slack line and the tell tale sign of a sole came in , 1.5 lbs .............

we struggled all night to get a bite , let alone a fish ! , turkish next came in with a resanoable whiting of 8 0zs ..................

No monster but he was just happy catching ! well that was that for friday , very poor night but great company , and we left bassless !

Saturday 25th we decided going by tide and time to go back for the bass , billy decided to make the drive from twickenam and come back down lol , now thats dedication ! (or stupidity) >:) >:) , so me steve and bill got there early for a space as we thought it was busy , it was pretty dead for the quay , the local loon was there as per norm and bugged the life out of us half the night , god i wish mark was there :(( , the fishing improved no end , with billy bagging a pb sole .............

well done mate ! i hit into a nice whiting at close range that topped the scales at 12 ozs ..............

sorry very poor pic ,

then the bass came on the feed , and it was hit after hit never seen so many ferociuos hits from the bass , steve was on form and landed 3 ...............

then he had a hit that ive never seen before , nearly pulling his 30 lb class boat gear right over the railings , despite the rod being right back :o missed it and we were all gutted , just the 1 bass for me , weighed in at 2 lb on the nose ................

lots of massive takes , but again a lot of missed bass ! absolute fantastic weekend in great company ! cheers lads .

lee.

p.s sorry lads if i wasnt myself this weekend i had a great big abcess growing on the side of my face , thats come out now , bloody well hurt :((

aston74
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by aston74 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:18 pm

congrats on the good report and good pics
thats a clonking sole
well done fella

SeaTurtle
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SeaTurtle » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:00 am

Another cracking session and write up Lee and co.

Nice hat mate !! ;)

Cheers,

Dave

thejugs

Post by thejugs » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:39 pm

good on you cuckoo, never seem to fail, me and a mate headed on down there sat night , and fished a couple of hours, caught couple of small whiting and pout, we fished fairly close in , do you pump it out there or fish close in?

cuckoo

Post by cuckoo » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:01 am

Lol mate i fail quite reguarly :D :D no need to pump it right out there unless fishing over low , i usually fish sunset high and sundown high you have got to put the time in for a result !

ohsolazy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by ohsolazy » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:28 pm

Its a date Cuckoo ;;) , the next sunset high water im going to the Quay , ill put in the hours and hope this time we get to meet so i can get some tips on those bass.
Cheers
Pete

SeaTurtle
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SeaTurtle » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:59 pm

Count me in :D

Cheers,

Dave