Anyone at Hayling last Nite?

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

cap

Anyone at Hayling last Nite?

Post by cap »

Hi All

Trekked down to Hayling last nite, assessed the beach at the coastguard station, there was loads of fellow fisherman as far as u could see in both directions. We headed further down eastoke ended up in b/w 16. Not much action due to the brisk sw wind, can't believe it as we were down earlier in the day in the harbour collecting some crabs the wind was nw like the weather said!
A chill evening eventually left as tea wasn't cutting it, so catching last orders for a pint seemed a good idea on way home.
So the question is, did anyone have any luck there?...

yoblet

Post by yoblet »

Blanked at 28.

Not a single knock from 19:30-22:30. Absolutely dire.

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

Really weird, I was at IOB area from about 8 to 10.45. Complete blank which is unusual for me. Did have a little tug around 10 pm but it didn't develop and that was all. I always get at least three or four schoolies if nothing else, anyway, got to expect some whiting soon so will have another go next week methinks.

PIGEON
Occasional
Occasional

Post by PIGEON »

We had exactly the same at selsea east beach 8 rods btween 4 of us and not a sniff .has there been any codys out at hayling yet I've herd of a couple at pagham and selsea west beach they can't b to far away .cheers all stew

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

That's very encouraging Pigeon I will definitely have to get some squid & lug and have a go this week. I like the look of Tuesday and Wednesday night's late tides. 'course, I don't have to go to work the next day LOL.

browners
Occasional
Occasional

Post by browners »

PIGEON wrote:We had exactly the same at selsea east beach 8 rods btween 4 of us and not a sniff .has there been any codys out at hayling yet I've herd of a couple at pagham and selsea west beach they can't b to far away .cheers all stew

church norton and pagham have chucked up a few , upto 6lbs mid last week . but heard of nothing since ;)

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

All being well that's cos they have moved on - hopefully to Hayling so I will try to get a couple tonight as it's going to cloud over the full moon.

browners
Occasional
Occasional

Post by browners »

yep il be there .