anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

Geggy_poos
Advanced User
Advanced User

Tomorrows Fishing

Post by Geggy_poos »

Hey,

Fishing mudeford run tomorrow early morning after what ever is around but ideally bass. Tide is filling up till about 10am. Hopefully will have a good session.

Will post a report when I get back.

Greg

pompeykev
Occasional
Occasional

Post by pompeykev »

Good luck with those bass, Greg.....

Geggy_poos
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Geggy_poos »

Went this morning but to no avail. Two old boys were free lining sand eel so going to go down this evening and have a go. They had 4 Bass between them in a couple of hours so worth a go!!

Greg

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

never mind greg maybe tonight is the night good luck
steve

SeaTurtle
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SeaTurtle »

Unlucky Greg .......... your day will come mate !

Tight lines for tonight.

Cheers,

Dave

Geggy_poos
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Geggy_poos »

Just went and bought some sandeel and the gear is almost ready ;) cmon Bass show up :D

matt1980

Post by matt1980 »

Geggy_poos wrote:Just went and bought some sandeel and the gear is almost ready ;) cmon Bass show up :D
Good luck mate. With the hours you're putting in you deserve one.

Geggy_poos
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Geggy_poos »

Well i got back last night at 11pm Still without a bass. But I had a great fishing trip with my brother. Where free lining sand eel but not a nibble. Then out of nowhere a massive Shoal of Mackerel came past must have been thousands of them and 100s just flcikering on the surface. It was quit spectactular.

I have never seen 6 fisherman including myself change gear so fast. Just threw on anything that would catch makerel. I chucked on a 28g dexter and had 7 mackerel before they disapered as quickly as they came. It was mad. Unhooking and killing the fish as fast as we could in order ro get back out there. The mackerel were not small either. Some of biggest I have seen!!

May I add that mackerel on light spinning gear are great fun and boy do they put up a fight.

Pictures to follow ;)
Last edited by Geggy_poos on Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

well done greg sounds like you had fun
steve

riki_79

Post by riki_79 »

does sound like they've turned up at last, I saw a few shoals down hayling the other day and took out 8 in the end, but could have got a lot more.

They are pretty cool to watch though I was in cornwall a couple of months ago and there was a shoal about the size of a football pitch, thousands of them about 20 yards from the rocks, and they stuck about for about 2 hours. I was just fishing a very light spinning rod with a eddiestone eel and we had over a hundred! + about 20 herring. All apart from 6 went back though. Great fun though
Rich

SeaTurtle
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SeaTurtle »

Greg - thats the ultimate test of character .......... do you stick to fishing for bass or go for the mackeral ??

Personally I would've left a rod fishing for the bass whilst trying for the mackeral on a second rod ........ the bass generally follow the mackeral shoals so you could've missed out on your target.

Regards,

Dave

pompeykev
Occasional
Occasional

Post by pompeykev »

Greg

You've got to take the opportunities when they present themselves - not sure I could have stuck to my guns (biteless to that point on freelined sandeel) when the sea in front of me was alive with suicidal mackie! Nice to hear that the shoals and fish are big!

The bass will come - have you tried under Bournemouth Pier? Saw several there at low tide when visiting my brother a couple of years ago.... Shouldn't be too far on your bike.

Kev

matt1980

Post by matt1980 »

SeaTurtle wrote:Greg - thats the ultimate test of character .......... do you stick to fishing for bass or go for the mackeral ??

Personally I would've left a rod fishing for the bass whilst trying for the mackeral on a second rod ........ the bass generally follow the mackeral shoals so you could've missed out on your target.

Regards,

Dave
Idealy you want to catch a joey mackerel and freeline that. Monster bass time. I'm going to continue to check in on here daily to see if Greg's got his bass. Surely only a matter of time. Good luck matey.

Geggy_poos
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Geggy_poos »

Haha I only had one rod on me so I couldnt leave my rod out for Bass. I went southbourne beach last night for a couple of hours. Had a few bites but missed them on sandeel till a fox stole them!! Had a few on rag aswell. There was one dogfish caught between three of us and packed up at 1am ;)

Greg

SeaTurtle
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SeaTurtle »

Geggy_poos wrote:Haha I only had one rod on me so I couldnt leave my rod out for Bass. I went southbourne beach last night for a couple of hours. Had a few bites but missed them on sandeel till a fox stole them!! Had a few on rag aswell. There was one dogfish caught between three of us and packed up at 1am ;)

Greg
Lol ...... a fox stole them !!

You're not having much luck are you mate ........... your day will come soon I'm sure - and it'll be all the more precious 'cos of the wait and the effort.

Cheers,

Dave