black bream

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

black bream

Post by nthendpompey »

where is a good spot to try for the bream.was thinking hayling or eastney this evening whats your views guys .
cheers mick

Clarissa
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Clarissa »

Loadsa beam at Hayling ... day & night.
Strip off peelers/worms/squid in seconds.
Very rare to see one over the 24cm limit.

The only local beaches to produce decent bream on a consistent basis are Pagham and Selsey East beach. Generally this means fishing those venues from mid April to early May.

It would be very difficult to recommend a local beach which produces sizeable bream in July.

A typical Pagham fish in April.

B-)

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

My old Dad used to get them at Eastney a few years back. Knowing where he lived and he wouldn't have walked very far, I would say try about 100 yds east of the bus shelter and cast well out.

beyenyamin

Post by beyenyamin »

i've had a fair few from southsea castle recently fishing the tide down at night, most just took simple rag on a 2 hook flapper with size 4 hooks i fished two nights consecutively and had about 7 or 8 bream, three of them were pretty good at 28, 27 and 25 cm but nothing comperable to clarissa's monster i'm afraid ;)

bassmanrob
Occasional
Occasional

Post by bassmanrob »

You need to head west a little bit for good bream now mate, Hurst castle.

http://www.sea-fishing.org/ftopict-26831.html

Fish squid strip on a small rising tide in from now to mid September should see you land 1lb plus fish with a real chance of one over 2lb. Always a load of old boys fishing there who really know there stuff about the place, well worth chatting too!

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey »

cheers guys for the info.had to postpone the trip this evening,but will be trying a bit later .one of them bream clarrisa displaying would look good on the barbie.

fishtitus
Occasional
Occasional

Post by fishtitus »

sandy point is good for black bream,the bigger fish earlier in the season but still the chance of a half decent one.can also produce giltheads end of august into september if you fish the right spots.tight lines :)

riki_79

Post by riki_79 »

Eastneys still thowing up a few decent sized ones, this year is most definately a better one than last for bream, but if you want the best chance as clarissa says pagham by the rocks, or near the lifeboat station should defiantely give you a few.