town Quay

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

faithless

town Quay

Post by faithless »

took a chance and fished the quay, arrived at 20.30 hrs, bait was good old rag, missed a few bites and finally after 4 hours landed a lovely Dover sole just over 2lb. continued fishing until 0600 and caught a few good bass, doggies, pout, and a small whiting . will add pics later of sole

cuckoo

Post by cuckoo »

You lucky sod :D thats been my target there for 3 years now :-O good angling mate , thats a nice fish :D

simon2345
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by simon2345 »

Well done m8,Look forward to the Pics

ohsolazy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by ohsolazy »

Cuckoo...if u want sole...try maggy lane with rag tipped with squid....couldnt stop catching them last year , lets hope this years the same ?
Cheers
Pete

cuckoo

Post by cuckoo »

ohsolazy wrote:Cuckoo...if u want sole...try maggy lane with rag tipped with squid....couldnt stop catching them last year , lets hope this years the same ?
Cheers
Pete
Thanks for the heads up pete , but id rather stick pins in my eyes than fish mag lane , i hate the place :((

SeaTurtle
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SeaTurtle »

Cuckoo - what's wrong with Magazine Lane ?

I've never fished it but was intending to.

Cheers,

Dave

cuckoo

Post by cuckoo »

SeaTurtle wrote:Cuckoo - what's wrong with Magazine Lane ?

I've never fished it but was intending to.

Cheers,

Dave
Nothing dave just a personal thing :D its actually quite a good venue if the spider crabs arent there X(

SeaTurtle
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by SeaTurtle »

Many thanks for the quick response ......... maybe I'll give it a try !

Is it mainly a night fishing venue ?

Cheers,

Dave

ohsolazy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by ohsolazy »

No mate its not just a night one........Maggy lane isnt the pretty'st place to fish , but can throw up some good fish.
Good deep venue so no distance casting needed..."unless u want to?" , then theres plenty of room to do it.
I personally have had bass up to 5 pound , some huge smoothies , doggies , mackeral"fluked it" , sole , place and even a gurnard in the summer.......fight through the pout and y-ting.....and you never know whats gunna come out next.
Definatly give it a go , pick your baits for your fish and good luck.
Cheers
Pete
The Maggy Lane Defender Group.plc.

beyenyamin

Post by beyenyamin »

i fished maggy lane about 6 weeks ago, all we caught were doggies and pout haha, but plenty of them and as i'm pretty new to fishing it was good fun, busy rods all night. generally though i'd prefer to fish a blank from a nice quiet beach than a busy night on an industrial estate (or a packed pier full of holiday makers and chuff fluckers, long and different story)

anyway, if you do try maggy lane you'd be hard pushed not to catch something.

tight lines

Ben

cuckoo

Post by cuckoo »

ohsolazy wrote:No mate its not just a night one........Maggy lane isnt the pretty'st place to fish , but can throw up some good fish.
Good deep venue so no distance casting needed..."unless u want to?" , then theres plenty of room to do it.
I personally have had bass up to 5 pound , some huge smoothies , doggies , mackeral"fluked it" , sole , place and even a gurnard in the summer.......fight through the pout and y-ting.....and you never know whats gunna come out next.
Definatly give it a go , pick your baits for your fish and good luck.
Cheers
Pete
The Maggy Lane Defender Group.plc.
lmao pete , let me know when your going next and ill join you if you dont mind , see if i can re kindle my love for mag lane >:D<

ohsolazy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by ohsolazy »

more than welcome mate , think ill do the next late spring , light into dark.