Sea Fishing - Hordle Cliff

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

Blakie

Sea Fishing - Hordle Cliff

Post by Blakie » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:28 am

Hi I am a new user and thought I would report on my trip to Hordle last night.
Everybody I spoke to said how well it was fishing. Got there about 8pm and it was packed with anglers. Some sort of competition going on.
I can only hope they had better luck than me!
Fished until midnight and not even a bite, weed was a bit annoying but I have seen worse. Spoke to a couple of guys in the car park who also said the fishing was pretty poor apart from a couple of doggies.
It was my first trip out in about 18 months and I am a bit of a novice, but I will be back and promise to do better next time :(
Thanks to a member who's name I have forgot who recommended this site to me.
Good Luck
Blakie

mrix
www.sea-fishing.org creater

re:

Post by mrix » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:57 am

Hi Blakie, I live a few miles away at Christchurch Dorset, anywhere from Pool through to Hurst Castle is my local beaches really, Hordle is one of my favourits though, like most places fishing can be great there and at other times bad, but on a whole its fairly good, have you tried Taddiford Gap just up the road from there? that can be a good spot, I remember a great trip I had there when I pulled in a 12+ Thornback Ray :lol:
good luck anyway and welcome to the site. and also thanks to the member who recommended this site.
Cheers
mrix

Blakie

Will try Tadiford next time

Post by Blakie » Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:48 pm

I have heard of Taddiford, but never new where it was, I will look a bit harder for it next time. Thanks for the info

Blakie

Speciman

Post by Speciman » Sun Apr 24, 2005 3:32 pm

Haven't got round to visiting Taddiford myself . Have heard some good sole can come from there too. Mrix where would you park near there? I've heard the parking around there is not too safe and some just park in the nearby golf course? Is this venue easy to find or would it be best go down there first with someone who knows this mark? Does anyone have any coordinates ?!!

mrix

re:

Post by mrix » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:31 pm

Yea its always been known as a good spot for Sole, I have caught many there myself but no size to shout about really :oops:. The parking as you say is not very safe I have heard of cars being broke into, basically this is a carpark in the middle of no where and you have to walk down a footpath between 2 fields for about 1/4 of a mile until you reach the cliffs then you have to climb down a little way and your there. Its a big no no on a wet day as it gets really muddy climbing down. As for the Golf Coarse yea thats an option but still a walk etc.
Cheers
mrix