Eastney Friday 22nd

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

Spikeyrich

Eastney Friday 22nd

Post by Spikeyrich »

Fished Eastney last night inbetween the outlets. Started about 10pm to catch the rising tide. Was misty and a bit drizzly with little wind. Well, to cut a long story short, I had both rods out and tried Limpet, Squid, Lug, Mackeral, and Crab in so many different combinations I lost count. Well you guessed it.... not even a nibble!!! What AM I doing wrong? Or are the fish just not out there? High tide was at 4am, stayed another half hour until I knocked over my flask and smashed it!!! Was defo time for bed. Does ANYBODY catch ANYTHING down there anymore? :((

Rich.

Nitefisher
Location: portsmouth, A stones throw to the beach soon to be further away

Post by Nitefisher »

in front of the marine dude is a good spot but there is not much about.
till march. small baits and hooks if you want to get out and wet a line.

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

Yeah, wrong time of year really mate but there should be the odd dab around. They come in on the rise and disappear shortly after HW. As the man said use small hooks to get them.

peterlee9999

Post by peterlee9999 »

totally agree 3 hook flappers with size 4 to 2 hooks on it should do the trick
cast against the tide flow and let the line bow will lay the hooks on the sea bed should get much better results

4CodsSake
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by 4CodsSake »

Nice report shame you blanked but thanks for posting

Craig

stingraysteve
Occasional
Occasional

Post by stingraysteve »

not much around here, only a thought but how about trying portland for the wrasse plenty of them about this time of year, ok it's a bit of a drive from the portsmouth area but then it's a great bend in your rod.

trublue111

Post by trublue111 »

locally mate, as the guys above says, would knock the fishing on the head till march while going for plaice/rays. dont doubt yourself mate, its just very hard going this time of year with the oncoming or pending changing of seasons.

OSMIUM

Post by OSMIUM »

Langstone is better in the summer months for Black Bream and Bass but if the tide is to strong then you in for a blank session. I would recomend fishing off the beach just left of the Pier.

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

OSMIUM wrote:Langstone is better in the summer months for Black Bream and Bass but if the tide is to strong then you in for a blank session. I would recomend fishing off the beach just left of the Pier.
Spot on advice there, there have been mentions of plaice being caught in front of the rose gardens(to the left of ssp) ;)