Brighton marina

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

andi

Brighton marina

Post by andi »

Has anyone fished brighton marina lately?was gonna go later part of this week,does anyone know if feathers will work? got some frozen lug don't know if that might work.

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

Interesting post, I have not fished it but seem to recall that someone had a good catch of herring there about this time last year and I think he was using some sort of feathers. I wish they would come this way, I love a fresh herring for lunch.

steveseagull
Occasional
Occasional

Post by steveseagull »

hello andi, I dont know how it is fishing, but i went past this morning and i am pretty sure it would have been closed due to the high winds and rough sea. I think the winds are due to drop later in the week if its any help.

andi

Re-Brighton marina

Post by andi »

Cheers guys thanks for that.I think i will give The tackle box at brighton a call maybe wednesday and check if the arm is open,Don't want to waste a day,could possibly go carping insted.

Clarissa
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Clarissa »

I have not fished it but seem to recall that someone had a good catch of herring there about this time last year and I think he was using some sort of feathers. - Eccles

You'll get plenty of herrings at the Ferry Boat Pontoon, Hayling in late Dec/Jan as long as it's calm and night-time.
You need Sabiki-style shrimpers in the smallest sizes .... 10s to 14s.

For Fishyrob's Brighton Marina Herring forages -

http://www.fishyrob.co.uk/newdiary/diary_index.htm

B-)