hayling and one happy son

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

PIGEON
Occasional
Occasional

hayling and one happy son

Post by PIGEON »

took nipper down to hayling this eavning for a couple of hours worm drowning he was using an 8ft pier rod and squid and rag his first cast resulted in a little tub gurnard then it was my turn i had a small yting then nothing for about an hour but just as we were packing up littlens rod doubled over and after a struggle he landed his first doggie and is now smiling from ear to ear http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/8537/023qmt.jpg

4CodsSake
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by 4CodsSake »

Well done to the young one!!! and on your session. Do you eat doggies?

Craig

PIGEON
Occasional
Occasional

Post by PIGEON »

yes mate just stake um up and fry them in butter with a bit of choped parsley .

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Thats a cracking fish for the young un, almost as big as him. :D if hes anything like my g/son conner you will never hear the last of it. :D :D Cheers..Mick

stingraysteve
Occasional
Occasional

Post by stingraysteve »

cracking fish stu see he had it just past the surf ;)

Bob291

Post by Bob291 »

Well done,Im quite sure that you were the group that was leaving just as me and my mate parked up at the Inn On The Beach.

Anyway about 5 minutes after you left the guy with the beard who was fishing next to you(the one with the badges all over it landed a 12 and half pound cod! yes 12 1/2lbs.Caught on frozen black lug and tipped with squid just after high tide and around dusk.

The fish looked as though it had either had a tussle with a seal or trawl net as the tail fin was bleeding a little,despite that a first class speciem.

With you and you and your lad and the fellow next door to you all catching needless to say my mate and I blanked!

Realytangled
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Realytangled »

Well done Pigeon's son that a nice doggie, hope your dad skinned it 4 U :D ;) :D

Peter

PIGEON
Occasional
Occasional

Post by PIGEON »

skinned staked fried and he ate the lot

beasty23

Post by beasty23 »

you must be on about me.

[quote author=beasty23 board=southcatchreports thread=583 post=3324 time=1256580463]I can't write a big story or even a little one as im too elated but here is some pictures.

12 and half pound
3/0 pulley pennel
Black lug
80 yards[/quote]

Thanks again bob for letting me use your scales and for taking the pictures.

skuffa
Regular
Regular

Post by skuffa »

Great job on the fishies chaps.. Lovely doggy and that cods a whopper..
:D

sm00thh0und
Occasional
Occasional

Post by sm00thh0und »

skuffa wrote:Great job on the fishies chaps.. Lovely doggy and that cods a whopper..
dear god how do u do it i mean some one tell me how i can get to play a nice fish like that my biggest is around 5 lbs and that was a ray but ive tried so many tactics ive taken tackle shop advice and advic off here and i have had some good advice but i still ent got that double figure fish yet plus known behold i tred the rigs that have been catching and uswed them to the last detail to the colour of the beads some please help ?

stingraysteve
Occasional
Occasional

Post by stingraysteve »

sm00thh0und wrote:
skuffa wrote:Great job on the fishies chaps.. Lovely doggy and that cods a whopper..
dear god how do u do it i mean some one tell me how i can get to play a nice fish like that my biggest is around 5 lbs and that was a ray but ive tried so many tactics ive taken tackle shop advice and advic off here and i have had some good advice but i still ent got that double figure fish yet plus known behold i tred the rigs that have been catching and uswed them to the last detail to the colour of the beads some please help ?
A lot of its to do with the venue, then there is of course the luck of the draw, just keep at it

skuffa
Regular
Regular

Post by skuffa »

All good things mate...... I'm the same, biggest fish this year just over 5lb..
Just know my doubles coming soon.... Just keep at it... :D