Warning - Parking Hengistbury Head

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

rocket

Warning - Parking Hengistbury Head

Post by rocket »

had great night at hengistbury head last night we had pout sole an thornback rays left at 10.30 we knew carpark shuts at 10 so parked in road opposite little did we know bloody road closes as well so locked in an cant get out taxi cost us 23quid be warned opened again at 7am today

mrix
www.sea-fishing.org creater
www.sea-fishing.org creater

re:

Post by mrix »

Thanks for the heads up, very good point and warning you make as many others could and likely would fall into that trap.
Cheers
mrix

silverfox
Regular
Regular

locked in

Post by silverfox »

Hi.

The same thing happen to us and we had to call dorest police They arranged for someone to come out and open the gate, but we waited over an hour and at 02.30 we were not happy.

stingraysteve
Occasional
Occasional

Post by stingraysteve »

now there's a thought for a possible sticky how many spots have car parks that close during the night, wallbough bay close's as do most of the ranges gates along the purbecks, not been there for a long time but lepe's top car park used to close (closer for the deep water than bottom carpark)

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

What do you keep in your tackle-box ?????..........................................................sounds like a pair of bolt cutters woudn't go amiss !!!!!!!! >:)

JOLI

WormDrowner

Post by WormDrowner »

I got caught out like that on my first time at Hengistbury Head. Didn't see any of the signs warning that the gates are locked (Something to do with them being the size of a postage stamp!?!) Fortunately one of the local clubs had a comp further along, and the organiser had a key and the nice chap let us out.

IIRC Bolt cutters wouldn't touch the padlock or the securing bolts so that was a no go.

If I head that way I now park in Rolls Drive and walk from there.

WormDrowner

silverfox
Regular
Regular

Post by silverfox »

If you fish at lepe then you have to park in the coach parking area as the main car parks close at sunset. Just make sure you purchase a ticket for the time remaining.

John

Stooby

Post by Stooby »

Yeah both carparks get locked at Lepe, the coachpark can get filled easily and cars can get blocked in (even some fisherman can be quite selfish). Word of warning though, i spoke to the parking attendant about parking on the road at he said that someone did get a ticket for that once!! :-O

Stooby

stingraysteve
Occasional
Occasional

Post by stingraysteve »

lee on solent closes too, although you can get across the grass ;)

lockpicker

Post by lockpicker »

Should have called ..............LOCKPICKER!
.......... =))