anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

pompeyjoe
Regular
Regular

Eastney

Post by pompeyjoe »

Hi all,

Anyone fished Eastney lately was thinking of taking my son on Sunday,is it worth having a go?

Cheers :)

batesy25

Post by batesy25 »

me and a friend have been down there a few times in last few weeks and have had blanks .... hearing good things about hayling tho so might be worth a try...

thanx alex

pompeyjoe
Regular
Regular

Post by pompeyjoe »

cheers Alex :)

Spikeyrich

Eastney Blanks.

Post by Spikeyrich »

Ive also tried 6 times in the last month and had naff all. Hayling is ok but can get a bit crowded.
Spikey.

batesy25

Re: Eastney Blanks.

Post by batesy25 »

Spikeyrich wrote:Ive also tried 6 times in the last month and had naff all. Hayling is ok but can get a bit crowded.
Spikey.
crowded aint the work we got out at hayling the other week. we arived 2 hours befor tide and there was about 40+ rods out ... we managed to walk along and find space but was not really where we wanted to fish...

Nitefisher
Location: portsmouth, A stones throw to the beach soon to be further away

Post by Nitefisher »

I think anywhere will be good after the blow tonight 30-40mph gusts ill be fishing eastney tomorrow night fished it a couple of nights ago only had 2 pout and 2 poor cod was a small tide though. Hopping for some good surf so the bass will be feeding close in.

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

Hayling has not been that wonderful lately - not good enough conditions but today's blow could make a difference so I am going down tonight. Why does everyone head for Eastoke? I had my first codling near the Coastguard Station and a couple of decent dabs a bit further along last week.

pompeyjoe
Regular
Regular

Post by pompeyjoe »

Thanks for the info gents much appreciated,good luck to all out this weekend :D

Spikeyrich

Finally at eastney

Post by Spikeyrich »

Finally I had a result today, albeit a small one. Eastney gave up a small shoal bass. Not much, but still chuffed after so many blanks.

Spikey[/img]

woodsey

Re: Eastney

Post by woodsey »

pompeyjoe wrote:Hi all,

Anyone fished Eastney lately was thinking of taking my son on Sunday,is it worth having a go?

:D hiya ive live in portsmouth and i fish at eastney quit alot and on the 28th september 09 on my 4th time of fishing i caught a 7lb 5oz cod so yes i would say give it a go and good luck .

trublue111

Post by trublue111 »

woodsey wrote:

:D hiya ive live in portsmouth and i fish at eastney quit alot and on the 28th september 09 on my 4th time of fishing i caught a 7lb 5oz cod so yes i would say give it a go and good luck .
Are you the Famous guy who was explained to me as a newbie?? bottom end gear and managed the monster.. nice fish anyways mate, goes to show right place at the right time.. I've done hayling, eastoke countless times, pagham and chesil and still have not had my first yet.. off to Chesil again tomorrow then the Bristol channel Saturday.. fingers crossed.

weebster

Post by weebster »

trublue111 wrote:
woodsey wrote:

Are you the Famous guy who was explained to me as a newbie?? bottom end gear and managed the monster.. nice fish anyways mate, goes to show right place at the right time.. I've done hayling, eastoke countless times, pagham and chesil and still have not had my first yet.. off to Chesil again tomorrow then the Bristol channel Saturday.. fingers crossed.
you may well find chesil unfishable at the moment,last time i looked at the bouy readings(this morning)they were well over the storm line= very big surf,difficult to hold and stop line from getting buried,very difficult to spot bites,with the wind barely dropping below a f4 for a few hours it won't be anywhere near enough to calm the surf much less make casting past the 60-80 yd mark any easier,need at least a 24hr period of very low wind to calm the surf and swell unfortunately that dose'nt look like it's going to happen for the next 5 days at least! :-O

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey »

i wouldnt even think about fishing chesil on them strong sw winds this weekend.

trublue111

Post by trublue111 »

weebster wrote:
trublue111 wrote:
woodsey wrote: :D hiya ive live in portsmouth and i fish at eastney quit alot and on the 28th september 09 on my 4th time of fishing i caught a 7lb 5oz cod so yes i would say give it a go and good luck .
you may well find chesil unfishable at the moment,last time i looked at the bouy readings(this morning)they were well over the storm line= very big surf,difficult to hold and stop line from getting buried,very difficult to spot bites,with the wind barely dropping below a f4 for a few hours it won't be anywhere near enough to calm the surf much less make casting past the 60-80 yd mark any easier,need at least a 24hr period of very low wind to calm the surf and swell unfortunately that dose'nt look like it's going to happen for the next 5 days at least! :-O
thanks mate, i read a few reports on WSF, CodLING are still being pulled out even in the rough weather although the last report read stated; 1 CodLING landed, 2 lost due to undertow... after reading that one i don't want to take the chance, so straight up to the Bristol Channel, chap in veals was very helpful on advice and seems to highly rate a couple of marks which they say are producing mixed bags..