8lb10oz bass

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Hi Lewis, as i said im no boat angler, and i really dont think anything was meant by the comments made earlier, its always nice to be tipped the wink just in case any of us fall foul of rules and regs. I for one am looking forward to the pics, thats a nice fish by any standards. Cheers...Mick

trublue111

Post by trublue111 »

out of interest can you catch and release from these area's in a YAK or other craft?

theshadow

Post by theshadow »

Hi Lewis,Well done on the fish and a great report,shame about the loss off gear,look forward to the pictures.

Lee

sniggle
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by sniggle »

I think it is illegal to target bass from a vessel so intentional catch and release is out.
To be realistic if the fish have been returned there is no evidence for a prosecution.

MRAJ

Post by MRAJ »

This is the regulation regarding fishing in Bass nursery areas, as far as the act is concerned a kayak is a vessel. The bit underlined is the part on which the prosecution would probably base their case.

Bass Nursery Areas
Fishing for bass from any vessel, as well as, fishing for any species of sea-fish using sand-eels (ammodytidae) as bait, is prohibited in 37 separate areas for all or part of the year. These areas, their extent and the seasonal duration of the prohibition are set out below. The legislation is Statutory Instrument 1999 No 75 The Bass (Specified Areas) (Prohibition of Fishing) (Variation) Order 1999).

I only post this for the avoidance of doubt.

I trust a fisheries officer does not have access to this site in an official capacity.

thejugs

Post by thejugs »

I agree with you fishitus, cant use live sandeel or a powered vessel in bass nursery so think you are ok with kayak

stingraysteve
Occasional
Occasional

Post by stingraysteve »

Arhh forget it, Great catch and hope it tasted good, probly caught it on worm not a live sand eel ;) , at least it was above minimum size.
so wheres the pic looking forward to seeing it.

inlandbry

Post by inlandbry »

Hi all,
piccie of the Bass is on another thread.
is there any way the mods could link the threads together?
Bryan.

coastie

Post by coastie »

osteveo

Post by osteveo »

Funny no one said anything about the french trawler three weeks ago fishing well into the harbour near the yellow boy!!! typical british attitude pick on the little guy in the kyack?????? :-S

osteveo

Post by osteveo »

Funny no one said anything about the french trawler three weeks ago fishing well into the harbour near the yellow boy!!! typical british attitude pick on the little guy in the kyack?????? :-S

sniggle
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by sniggle »

Nobody is picking on the small guy in the kayak, just letting him know the rules so he dosen`t lose kayak, tackle and car plus a fine and a criminal record.
Did you pass on your concerns about the french trawler to the authorities ?

coastie

Post by coastie »

As far as i can read into it he's done nothing wrong apart from making me a bit green as i've still not had a big bass!!

As for the trawler you need to get a picture with its side number showing and get in contact with Sea Fisheries.