harbour smuts?

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

fishtitus
Occasional
Occasional

harbour smuts?

Post by fishtitus »

hello all.im targeting smuts this summer having only caught a baby pup last year.i was just wondering if anyone has caught them in langstone or chi harbour daytime/night.i know that they come into the entrances but just how far are they likely to swim inshore?cheers lewis :)

dannypanter
Advanced User
Advanced User

smuts

Post by dannypanter »

Ive had plenty of double fisgure smuts at del quay and have heard of a few med size out of langstone mate

danny

fishtitus
Occasional
Occasional

Re: smuts

Post by fishtitus »

i know that they have been caught your neck of the woods,i think the waters deeper in southampton water isnt it?only reason for question is that im about to start a bit of kayaking and gonna be tryin a few of the harbours to be on the safe side b4 i start to venture to far lol.cheers :)

kingfisher14
Regular
Regular

Post by kingfisher14 »

i had a 4lb smut of selsey westbeach last week, if thats any help.

dazzerpfc81

Post by dazzerpfc81 »

Where is del quay been told to try that area before, but havnt a scooby where it is....

peteo

Post by peteo »

we were getting the odd one or two in langstone around the 2lb mark on rag last year have not had any yet, and dell quay is just past chichester and is a great bass spot too along with Itchenor which is further on.

dazzerpfc81

Post by dazzerpfc81 »

cheers for that mate ill have to have a look at fishing it some time soon is it a better evening place or can daytime be good to.
Also when you talk about langston harbour where do you mean i live eastern rd side of langston and the fishing there is poor. Sorry for all thequestions by i am quite new to fishing in a serious way so i dont really know where all these places are.
Tightlines..