South Parade Pier SLAUGHTER

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

gnasher

South Parade Pier SLAUGHTER

Post by gnasher »

dazzerpfc81

Post by dazzerpfc81 »

I cannot believe these muppets they must be aware of the size limits. Are these limits LAW if this is the case then surely the police can get involved i have seen it with my own eyes and it makes me so angry something needs to be done. I fished there last year with a mate and he got so pissed off with it that he took a bucket off a bloke with about 6/7 undersized bass in it and threw it into the sea. I cant really say that whats people should do if they see it happening because it did cause quite a fuss which is not a good thing in such a family orientated area. In my opinion surely if its law then the police will have to attend if a crime is being commited and reported to them, i understand that alot of people would consider it a waste of police time but i think it could help reduce a large percentage of these muppets doing it
Rant over and Tightlines everyone

SPLASHASH

Post by SPLASHASH »

The police won't get involved as I don't think its a criminal offence. Just like the no smoking law and no skateboards or dogs in shopping center law. The laws are enforcable by the emplyees of the establishment and not the police. As such anyone found with undersize fish should be banned from the pier by the owner. Just like they would be if found smoking in a pub.

But technically if you throw fish back that someone else caught without thier permission it is a criminal offence of THEFT!!. Same goes for rabbit catching. If you shoot one in the wild and someone comes along and takes it before you get to it, that is a THEFT!!. Weird I know but true.

Anyway something needs to be done to stop these people killing small fish for fun. We need to complain to the owner of the pier.

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey »

i tried 2wks back to email the pier owners about this situation on the pierto get min fish sizes signs put up ,as advised to me by the souther sea fisheries committie,and also for the guy collecting the money for tickets to fish the pier to try and enforce the min size but i have not recieved a replie or seen any signs.all you can do is just report the offenders to the committie,01202 721373,the more complaints they get the more chance of them turning up on the spur of the moment tight lines mick

VoddooBoy

Post by VoddooBoy »

Well said, signs should be posted along the pier referring to minimum size limits. I had an encounter last year while fishing on the pier, someone kept a well undersized codling i explained the fish was undersize and he gave the reply "oh well,nevermind" the next fish he caught i measured myself ( without his consent ) but still, people need to be aware of the dwelling stocks and the importance of fish sizes.

gnasher

Post by gnasher »

minimech
Regular
Regular

Post by minimech »

I'm quite happy to print off the minimum sizes and laminate them for free, up to 10, if someone would like to come up & get them, they could be cable tied on posts? I would put any reasonable warning at the header, after all the fish belong to all of us, not just the morons!!!
Regards,
Pete.

mrix
www.sea-fishing.org creater
www.sea-fishing.org creater

re:

Post by mrix »

I can totally understand where you guys are coming from in this topic and it really is disgusting behavior whats going on at the pier but when posts overstep the mark like the one I just deleted, I have no choice but lock the topic.
cheers
mrix