anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

madmike300uk
Occasional
Occasional

Remember - Give and Take and not take, take ,take

Post by madmike300uk »

Hi all
Please remember this forum is a give and take one!
Lots of boats out this weekend but very few reports!
If you use the info people post on this forum, please report on what you catch too.

I am a little disappointed that there were a lot of boats at Greenland on Sunday and Monday and no reports as yet. (Did they use the info that I posted on Sunday morning)?

In future I will think twice about posting reports and the mark that I fished.
It would not be very good for this forum, if we all just posted that we caught x amount of fish in the Solent area.

Come on lets all play fair and report our catches and the true marks that we fish.

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey »

think you have got a very good point madmike lots of anglers along eastney the wkend no reports tightlines

madmike300uk
Occasional
Occasional

Post by madmike300uk »

nthendpompey

Thanks for the support mate !!!

minimech
Regular
Regular

Post by minimech »

Guilty as charged, will report my blanks as well.
Pete :(

madmike300uk
Occasional
Occasional

Post by madmike300uk »

thanks for your support pete

we all blank , and i'll let everyone know when and if do !!

Nitefisher
Location: portsmouth, A stones throw to the beach soon to be further away

Post by Nitefisher »

Im going to eastney beach tomorrow will let you all know how i get on. Maybe some pictures if all goes well.

jim79
Regular
Regular

Post by jim79 »

i posted about a simular thing the other week, there was people fishing the length of pompey and there was not 1 report :-S

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

I notice during my roamings around the forums and checking who's on line is that we always have many guests trolling the forums.

Now dont get me wrong I am a firm believer in sharing knowledge but I suspect that many guests use the forums specificaly to glean where fish are being caught ect.

I also suspect that some media use our reports to boost their fishing articals.

I am of the opinion that such reports should have limited access to members only.

Let me make it clear from the outset that this is only my opinion and I have not checked with any other members as to their opinions.

Cheers
keith :D :D

minimech
Regular
Regular

Post by minimech »

Kieth, As usual, perls of wisdom, but to continue the relaxed freedom of this site would be, perhaps, difficult with too many restrictiion? and surely its a compliment if the media are using the site as well, perhaps we could use that to our advantage on occasion?
Regards pete, ;) :D :D

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Point taken pete but as I said it is only my opinion.

Perhaps on the other hand the reports convert guests, to members and if so then its all to the good.

Pearls of wisdon indeed ! Nicest thing anyone has said about me lol :-O :D >:D<

Cheers
keith :D :D

Jason

Post by Jason »

Hi all. Is it also that all on here fish whereas all that have boats don't use the forums?

I have a car but I don't watch top gear. But those that watch top gear have cars.

davethecod
Occasional
Occasional

Post by davethecod »

was out on old father thames this weekend ,fishing was slow apparently a lot of boats (private) were down skating and reporting how well they were doing within 12 hrs every trawler afloat was cleaning up ,needless to say the fishing was slow any views ? THE COD

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey »

suppose thats one of the down sides of reporting how well the fishing is,best not try give too much info,if anyoneis interested could always pm u,just a thought tightlines mate

stroodsue
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by stroodsue »

maybe they ALL dont have internet access...???

;)

Sue

joliroger

Post by joliroger »

Just been reading "Davethecods" post re trawlers listening in on fish reports....don't get me wrong i am only playing "Devils advocate" here, iv'e been out of the chartered boat scene for a while , but there was never any love lost between private skippers and trawlers so much so that when we used to go out from folkstone to fish the "varne " bank we knew that no trawler would go near it because the private skippers would dump any large item over the side in the trench i.e. old cookers fridges, engine blocks this would mean the trawlers spent more time untangling than fishing. i don't condone this kind of action in the least especially engine blocks with all the toxic oil pollutant contained within, i just wondered if this kind of thing still happened