Jack B*****D at Maggy Lane!!!

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

dannypanter
Advanced User
Advanced User

Jack B*****D at Maggy Lane!!!

Post by dannypanter »

Yesterday at Maggy Lane My friends and I found 2 large concrete block with a lenght of rope bewteen them and a grapple hook, stuck to the block.
This was probaly thrown to far by mistake and let go but someone who is or was deliberately trying to snag tackle.
This has now been removed from the beach section by the Marina.
This is an area that is fished probably more than most others in the local area and people need to look out for these oportunists

danny

nthendpompey
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by nthendpompey »

bang out order i say .as if our tackle aint dear enough,.losing tackle is a hazard of our sport ,but some one setting hazards to gain out of us is out of order

simon2345
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by simon2345 »

New meaning to the word Snaggy lane then.Its bad enough without that happening.Its that reason alone i dont fish the Venue much anymore..

:-O

hooklineandsinker
Occasional
Occasional

Post by hooklineandsinker »

I was at Maggy lane 7am today and found the remains of lasts night competition. :(
6 doggies thrown onto the concrete slabs & a few laying in the rocks, they were barely alive, the sun was drying them out, I put them back in the water and a few of them swam away, the others were too weak to swim and sunk.

Plenty of dead pout laying everywhere, even on the foot paths along side discarded fishing line/bait boxes/bottles etc.
:(

Pete.

Edited to add extra pics
Last edited by hooklineandsinker on Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Only one word for it DISGRACEFUL!
Cheers keith X(

jim79
Regular
Regular

Post by jim79 »

sorry buts thats a disgrace , who's comp was it ? the organisers need to be made aware of this ( if they wernt already )

you kinda get to expect it from the odd *pleasure* fisher person but from so called anglers in a comp is bang out of order. X(

jb

Post by jb »

Leadloser

Post by Leadloser »

Jesus Christ whats the matter with some people, if it isnt bad enough trying to find somewhere to fish, thats looks like the place i was fishing with Fishcake until 10 last night, wasnt us, i didnt catch a thing and he put his fish back, well done guys for trying to clean someone elses crap up. wish i knew whos comp it was they would being getting a friendly word from me.

Kev

dannypanter
Advanced User
Advanced User

maggy

Post by dannypanter »

It wont be hard to find out who had a comp there last night but i think i know already as there arent many clubs that do weigh inns now most do measure and release

danny

simon2345
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by simon2345 »

Why am i not surprised..I expect sooner or later they will Ban fishing there at this rate.I wont complain.Place needs some sort of protection but its always the few that will wreck it for everyone else..

jb

Post by jb »

Come on,someone must know what club or who the organisers are?

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

What is needed is to Name and Shame
Cheers
Keith X(

4CodsSake
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by 4CodsSake »

People should be fined and banned form fishing if thats all they do with there catch.
It doesnt take much to put them back where THEY have just taken them from, and if I saw anyone leaving fish like that id have them about it asap. X( X( X(

castman
Regular
Regular

Post by castman »

This sort of beaviour is done by total morons, and need a good slapping, I'm not the violent type but come on !!! People like them are indeed giving people like us a bad name and I know its already been said it's idiot's like this who do give people like me and 99.9% of fellow anglers a bad name. And those poor fish, yes I know we catch them with a great big hook in their mouths, but to leave them on the beach to suffer is dam right cruel. If I could get my hand's on this/these little sh***

hooklineandsinker
Occasional
Occasional

Post by hooklineandsinker »

Somebody must know who was holding this comp on Sat Apr 25th.
It's time to name and shame these morons.
Added a few more pics I took, scroll up.

Pete.