Fishing Hamble advise ?

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

fitzy

Fishing Hamble advise ?

Post by fitzy »

i'm going down to hamble for a few days, can anyone help me with any advice on where to fish in the area & what baits.
cheers
jim

sm00thh0und
Occasional
Occasional

Post by sm00thh0und »

are u fishing hamble comman all the advice i can give you is using a two hook flapper plenty of beads couple of spoons and baiting up with a few small ragworm on the hook ,hook the rag and thread the hook all the way through the body and just tip it with some small rag head hooked this will entice the flounder to come on the feed hamble is slow fishing and few and far between.its good to get a fivers worth of rag in a shop then wen ur there at low tide dig some because these worm u dig will be small enough to head hook another tactic u can try is portsmouth rig with peeler or mussells on the hook using a watch lead bringing it in three or four turns every ten minutes this will create a little cloud in the mud and will draw the fishes attention the bait should land in amoungst the mud and silt wenn it clears the fish will intend on sniffing it out and hopefully BANG your in well thats the theory anyway ,make sure the bait got a great scent trail !!!!!

hope this helps tightlines chris

rugster

Post by rugster »

where abouts in hamble u fishing

fitzy

Post by fitzy »

thanks for the advice chris. is there a tackle shop in hamble.
hi rugster not sure where to fish, i think theres a place down school lane not sure if thats right, do you know any places
cheers
jim

fishcake

Post by fishcake »

Hi Jim...there are several spots around hamble to try,from westfield common, ensign way, hamble point etc..all with parking right by the water.The nearest bait/tackle shops to there is "Sammys" at cabin boatyard,bursledon..or "Als" at woolston..
good luck....malc...

sm00thh0und
Occasional
Occasional

Post by sm00thh0und »

yes there is mate there is a place called sammys tackle near there

you no wen u go down the hill where on the right side is a yaght lott and on the left hand side there is a little turning before u get to bridge go down into there u will find it takes u into a harbour docks the tackle shop is down there its small but u should see it

ill see if i can sent u a map on pm mate!! tightlines
chris

fitzy

Post by fitzy »

thanks for the help. never been to the area before we are staying at riverside park. so if you can send a map chris that would be a great help.
cheers
jim

sm00thh0und
Occasional
Occasional

Post by sm00thh0und »

hi jim it seems that my computer wount let me load up a map 4 u but if u can u could go on google maps or google earth im sorry lol but ive been told to fish hamble comman with mussell ;) tightlines

chris