'POTLUCK@s finally sold,

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

blahblahblah

Post by blahblahblah »

Hi Pete, have not seen one either only small ish ones all returned ! would love to get out again hill head sounds good again walking round bay with spinners and wading in surf tried it before xmas but no bites great fun then fished through the night off the wall. caught a few but not much. are you having a go off kemps might get lucky.. who knows ;) Regards Paul.

minimech
Regular
Regular

Post by minimech »

Been a bit rough for the last week or so, so done nothing, but a couple of weeks ago I got a 3/4 lb and a 1lb bass, both returned, I might just get a spinning rod out this weekend ans see whats about,
Tight lines mate,

Pete,

blahblahblah

Post by blahblahblah »

sorry to hear that,good luck have fun :D :D

minimech
Regular
Regular

Post by minimech »

Hi Paul, antibiotics work wonders, startin' ti feel human again so thats cool, out and about today, see if i'm up together eh?
Pete. :D :D :D

4CodsSake
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by 4CodsSake »

Im sure thre new owners will have as much if not more joy form the boat :)

Craig

minimech
Regular
Regular

Post by minimech »

Hiya Craig,
I can't imagine anybody getting more fun n pleasure from a boat as I got from 'POTLUCK' now I hope to get as much from 'SUNDANCER' its just that she's taking a bit longer to get ready!!,
Watch this space this weekend?

blahblahblah

Post by blahblahblah »

Pete have to say a decent bass has never come my way ! but i live in hope... still cant make my mind up on a boat... its driving me nuts.. :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/
regards paul

minimech
Regular
Regular

Post by minimech »

Paul, buy a WIlson Flyer with a half decent outboard and you will have about the best fishing platform in the world.

hooklineandsinker
Occasional
Occasional

Post by hooklineandsinker »

blahblahblah wrote:Pete have to say a decent bass has never come my way ! but i live in hope... still cant make my mind up on a boat... its driving me nuts.. :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/
regards paul
I catch far more fish from a beach than I do with my boat, I spend all my fishing time trying to find a good spot to fish.
This is how it played out for me yesterday with my boat.

Me and a mate thought we would jump on my boat and take her out, had plugs/lures/rag and a fish finder.
started out from St Denys (Near Northam bridge) plodding along dragging Dexter Wedges behind us, Fish Finder said 'No fish ... stop wasting your time)

Got down to the Itchen Bridge and decided to head off to Dock Head, Found the Queen Mary was parked in my spot ;)
Now this is where the fish finder does trigger but you can't drop anchor/tie up here, Crappy No Parking Zone.

So I head off out of the shipping lanes where I can stop, but the fish finder say's 'No Fish', I drop anchor anyway, fish for ages ... not a nibble.

Decide to pull up anchor and try somewhere else, now at this point the pattern always repeats itself, Fish Finder remains silent, Boats rolls around from the large waves caused by the big ships and high speed craft, still not a nibble.

Decide to head up towards Marchwood and give that a go, still nothing.
come to the conclusion that I should have tried for some flatties on the mud flats up by Kemps, so I head back to almost where I started from :((

Fish the tide as it's starting to run out ... Nothing but weed.

Decide to agree with my mate that it was a nice day to be out in the boat and make do with that and head back to the mooring, Although the idea was to catch fish and not bull$hit ourselves that it was about having a 'nice day out in a boat'

With that wasted time I could have caught far more by driving to maggy lane and saved masses of fuel.

For me I would prefer a solid beach, Plenty of space it never swings around when the wind changes direction has no running costs and holds masses of gear/seats/bbq etc, And doesn't need to be moved to a mooring and tied down (And never runs the risk of being stolen or sunk)

Boats ... over rated and expensive.

Pete.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

Unfortunately I have to agree with the last post.
Its not just the cost of the boat, but the insurance , the fuel, trailering it to you launching site, launcing fees, plus all the saftey equipement which can set you back as much as the oridginal cost of the boat.

The way forward is to charter and let someone else have the headache.

I know from experience as I have 2 boats with tha larger on up for sale.
Cheers keith :D :D

minimech
Regular
Regular

Post by minimech »

not feeling particullary positive about boats at the mo then Pete, there are some great marks in the solent clearly marked on the chart + of course if you don't want to use a garage load of fuel tie up on the trotts on kemps bend, drop over the side an get some nice bass or if you spoon into the bay- flounder, now b**^$r off down to maggi lane and get the feelgood factor.
Tight lines mate,

hooklineandsinker
Occasional
Occasional

Post by hooklineandsinker »

minimech wrote:not feeling particullary positive about boats at the mo then Pete, there are some great marks in the solent clearly marked on the chart + of course if you don't want to use a garage load of fuel tie up on the trotts on kemps bend, drop over the side an get some nice bass or if you spoon into the bay- flounder, now b**^$r off down to maggi lane and get the feelgood factor.
Tight lines mate,
Hey Pete, you catch more from your mooring than you do going out in your boat, you could have just got a pontoon =))

:D

Pete.

blahblahblah

Post by blahblahblah »

Hi Everyone... HLS (pete )mm see what you mean sort of ! lots of expense and not much to show for it except a fair size hole in your pocket.. your right keith but its not always about catching is it.. I have been out severall times and blanked, met a guy when i was down west bexington a while back he came all the way fron bristol and he told me he hoped to catch this time as he had blanked EIGHT times in a row (poor sod)
minimech (pete) i am seariously considering a wf if i can find one at the right price and place prefere mooring rather than launching mind you.
rabbi2 mmmm yes charter good but my work is very short notice when i have any so just wanted to jump in the boat and off i go and yes i know i will pay a very larg premium for the privilage..
and if i owned a mooring i would rent it out and fish from it too and pete can you get guest ticketts for kemps :D :D :D :D

harv02redred

Post by harv02redred »

re you looking for a nice wilson flyer. there s a nice one on e-bay got 12 hours left and its only down in poole. its got all the gear and a 3003 50hp 4 stroke mariner. worth a look. and both the current high bidders have now feed back so you could well scoop in after the messer bouters.
thank jamie :D

blahblahblah

Post by blahblahblah »

Hi, do you think this will go for 10k? is that a resonable price... ;)