Bracklesham

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

stupot

Bracklesham

Post by stupot »

Hi all
I have just discovered Bracklesham bay and it looks as though it could be a possible hot spot. The water looks to be fairly deep with quite a good swell. Does anyone have any views as to what it is actually like to fish. The parking is right on the beach and toilets are clean and tidy.
Any views will be greatly appreciated

AndyH
Occasional
Occasional

Post by AndyH »

Hi, welcome to Brack bay, From what I can remember is that there is one hell of a tide rip around there, I used to fish West Wittering and suppose the tactics would be the same, you don't need to cast out far as the flounders came in fairly close and so did the small schoolies which have to be returned straight away, best baits used to be Slipper limpets and Maddies or King rag. Hope this helpful and tight lines, Andy H.

trublue111

Post by trublue111 »

one of my preferred locats, spring tides fishing over low and up.. worm, mack, crab and squid baits.. big bass & bream,. with the usual other bits but surprise catches have been known, fished it a few year back and had 2 good size turbot in the same session. fishes best during or after a blow straight off the sea.

hope this helps.