Shoreham W Sussex 28/2

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

pompeykev
Occasional
Occasional

Shoreham W Sussex 28/2

Post by pompeykev »

Gave it a go at Shoreham west harbour arm yesterday with my brother, 2 friends and my nephew. Weather lovely (sea flat calm), freshly dug lug, whites and maddies plus squid, slipper limpet and mackerel - one sea scorpion to my nephew was the total score to 8 rods! No-one else (must have been 20 others there) caught, other than a guy who was using a string of hokkai and caught 2 small herring. First time I've ever seen those. My brother had had a couple of flounder on the previous visit - have they moved offshore now to spawn? Disappointing, but a much better way to spend the morning and early afternoon than most others I can think of.

Realytangled
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Realytangled »

Not fished Shoreham or been there since about 1985 any more info, where to park access to harbour, charges etc.

Thanks
Peter

pompeykev
Occasional
Occasional

Post by pompeykev »

AndyH
Occasional
Occasional

Post by AndyH »

Hi Reallytangled and Pompeykev, I think the nearest Tackle shop is R. Squires, 25 Southwick Sq, Southwick, TEL. 01273 592903 and they are pretty reasonable or there is the Lagoon tackle shop 372 Kingsway, Hove, Tel 01273 415879 going towards Hove, not aware of any shops in Shoreham, if anybody knows better please tell us.
Andy H

pixierich

Post by pixierich »

I've not found a tackle shop in shoreham either - Southwick seems the nearest.

Bit of a shame as I am sure it would do good business.

AndyH
Occasional
Occasional

Post by AndyH »

I believe there is a tackle shop, Prime Angling in Worthing but never used it so can't comment.
Andy

hammyloz
Regular
Regular

Post by hammyloz »

time to corner the shoreham market methinks i will be up there looking for a shop to rent

sm00thh0und
Occasional
Occasional

Post by sm00thh0und »

ive been to prime angling its cheap asnd pretty good on worms and other fresh baits i used to visit my dad down there and always brung the fishing kit lol yer give the shop a try there quite resonable
chris :)

magman

Post by magman »

hammyloz wrote:time to corner the shoreham market methinks i will be up there looking for a shop to rent
There is a tackle shop a mile and half past power station on the left side heading east. toward Portslade. watchout for the speed camera. stay on coast road.

AndyH
Occasional
Occasional

Post by AndyH »

Is this the one opposite the Shoreham harbour road entrance near the Old Adur pub, if so that is the Lagoon tackle shop.

magman

Post by magman »

Aye that sounds about rite.