Anyone recommend someone who sells homemade rigs?

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

Tomo1

Anyone recommend someone who sells homemade rigs?

Post by Tomo1 »

Hi All, can anyone recommend a reasonable priced rig tyer some of the commercial ones are a bit pricey and i know that the home made ones are generally of better quality. Its not that i am lazy but i work long hours and dont get much time to sit and tie my own. :-/

plank
Occasional
Occasional

Post by plank »

squiresoak

Post by squiresoak »

minimech
Regular
Regular

Post by minimech »

Got to be A'l Tackle & bait in woolston for me, he gets a guy to tie all his stuff with the best gear, its awesome, he's on, 02380446222, well worth a chat?
Pete.

Tomo1

Post by Tomo1 »

Cheer guys i will do some research on flea bay and A1 tackle thanks for the help. :D

kojak

Post by kojak »

if you want some top quality rigs give ian a shout tell him mike (slap head) told you to give him a call his web site is http://www.moonfleet-angling.com/

silverfox
Regular
Regular

rigs

Post by silverfox »

Hi Kojak,

Didn't help you at calshot did they :D :D :D . You were using bait i take it!!!!!

John

kojak

Post by kojak »

no i didnt use them there should have done

minimech
Regular
Regular

Post by minimech »

I wouldn't even look on ebay,, Al's down woolston supplies his bloke with the best gear then sels them at dumb prices, not worth the risk of going anywhere else?
Pete, :D :D :) :)

silverfox
Regular
Regular

rigs

Post by silverfox »

Hi Mate,

Buy a book or get some pattern from the web and make your own. Once you've done a few your be fine. Start with 2 hook flappers, make sure you use 60 lb for main body then 20-25lb for the snoods. Don't make them to long about 4ft for the main body and 8-12" for the snoods. Use size 2 hooks and make sure you add a bait stop.

Good luck.

Ace-of-spads
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Ace-of-spads »

I can also vouch for Art-Tackle on e-bay.

I started sea angling in November, having been a puddle chucker all my life.
The way I got into it was to buy a few ready made ones, then copy the patterns. You can save yourself the initial purcahse and go to the Gemini-tackle.co.uk website where they have rig descriptions, right down to what bits you need and how long a length of line etc.

I now make all my own. Use Ultima Memory-X for the snoods and rig body (which I also get from e-bay). Gemini links and other bits, and hooks from the local tackle shop.

Took me 2 hours to make 6 2 hook flapper rigs last week. Thats a lot of knots. I find the grinner or uni knot works for me.

You'll also need a crimper tool.

Shout if you need more info.

tight lines

Andy

wotnofish
Regular
Regular

Post by wotnofish »

Call me an anorak (yep, that's my striped woolly hat hanging up on the back of the door) but I find tying rigs quite therapeutic.

Keeps me busy when HID is watching soaps B-) B-)

fylan

Post by fylan »

bells down hythe do pre made rigs. resonable prices and while your there grab your bait on the way to calshot. :)

skuffa
Regular
Regular

Post by skuffa »

Lizard rigs on ebay as mentioned are quality and some of the best priced I think.. well worth a look :D

cloinc

Post by cloinc »

I'm with WOTNOFISH tying your own and from my carp fishing days i know how great it feels to catch a monster on a rig you tied yourself