town quay

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

ddriller

town quay

Post by ddriller »

Hi all. Myself and 3 others are coming from basingstoke to fish town quay fri evening/night. Any pointers greatly recieved and wheres the best bait coming from at moment as read some posts about poingdestres bait being half dead. Many Thanks in advance for any info offered. Tight lines guys.#
P.S. If your down town quay tommorow (friday night) come say high will be fishing with 3 others and prob next to a big silver van. Im the fat bloke in the bright yellow coat. Cheers Ray.
P.S. P.S. Happy new year

ohsolazy
Occasional
Occasional

Post by ohsolazy »

Hello Ray , theres a place called Al's Bait and Tackle in Woolston , "just over Itchen bridge" , bait is always good there.
As for town key , you can only fish the right hand side of the key , "jet boats come in too close on the left", hot baits at the moment are rag worm "maddies are performing well " and baby squid , you can either drop your line off the side or wack it out "watch out for the Isle of white ferry though, it comes in to about 30/40 yards off shore" its deep water so your line sinks well.
This time of year its pout , whiting"very sizable", dog fish , flounder and sometimes a surprise from Town key.
If you dont pick up a suprise or a big fish , at least the key will keep you busy.
Be lucky
Pete

simon2345
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by simon2345 »

Good luck..Quite a few whiting about caught on Rag/macky and a few Bass down there as well.You should have a good session.

minimech
Regular
Regular

Post by minimech »

Oh fellas, It just gets more and more tempting
Pete, :D :D

hooklineandsinker
Occasional
Occasional

Post by hooklineandsinker »

Pete, Drag your ass down there, I told you before it's no walk at all from your car to the railings.
You can sit in your car and drink coffee while watching your rods.
Hope to see you down there one day (Soon)
:)
Pete.

minimech
Regular
Regular

Post by minimech »

ok, ok, don't nag, your talking to the origional mr fairweather, better known these days as the Orchid, I might just take a rod off my boat next week and go dangle a worm or three, after all its too bl**dy cold to go out on the boat and people talk when they see you sat for hours on end moored against the pontoon, dragging large flounder over the back then tossing them back in again,,,lol lol
Pete. :D :D

aircooledadams

Post by aircooledadams »

Hi, Happy New Year everyone, been thinking about trying Town Quay myself this weekend. Any bait shops open on a Sunday, never been there before. Thanks in advance.

How did you get on ddriller?

berus
Occasional
Occasional

Post by berus »

Poingdestres is open on Sunday from 9am - 1pm.

I may be down there tonight with 20 worms to drown, anyone else going to be freezing their arse off? lol

Mark

simon2345
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by simon2345 »

Hope they have some fresh worm in!!

Went there yesterday for some and didnt bother..Opened almost 5/6 tubs and looked like pre-christmas stock.

Im sure you check em ;)

fishcake

Post by fishcake »

"Al's" tackle & bait in woolston is open sundays 8.30 - 12.00 or "sammys" at bursledon 9 - 5pm. fished the quay last night 6 - 12.30am it was packed!! looked like there was a comp on!!!...had to fish right up by the ferry's ,moved further along once it thinned out a bit ,still only 1 bass & 1 whiting tho...it was looking like my first blank on the quay untill 11.30..