Fishing Chesil Beach

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

moofoo

Fishing Chesil Beach

Post by moofoo » Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:14 pm

I'm going to try Chesil Beach for the first time tomorrow. I have been told to try the Dragons Teeth section. Does anyone know what is being caught there at the moment. I'm hoping for my first cod of the year..... :roll:

mrix
www.sea-fishing.org creater

re:

Post by mrix » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:26 pm

Hi moofoo, to be honest I dont personally know what is actually being caught at the dragons teeth section of chesil but I have fished the many times and it is a better spot to be :wink: One thing you will expect though is a fair old walk to get there if I remember?
Cheers
mrix

moofoo

re: chesil beach

Post by moofoo » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:40 am

Well, I fished at chesil beach last night and was plagued by doggies and poor cod. I think it was too calm for any other species... :cry: . Did pull in just the head of a poor cod so something bigger had had a go at it!!

mrix

re:

Post by mrix » Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:06 am

yea thats right calm conditions were never going to be idea for Cod/Codling. Chesil still being plagued with Doggies "nothing new there :lol: if you had been fishing a match it would of been ok lovely doggies :lol:
Cheers
mrix

pixybasher

Post by pixybasher » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:33 pm

Hi chaps,
As you can see we're now 2 months on from the last message, thing is I would like to know whats the latest gos on west bexy???

I plan a trip for this weekend (20/2/05) and would really appreciate an accurate (ish) report as i've got a fair drive to get there.

geejay
Regular
Regular

abbotsbury, 17/2/05

Post by geejay » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:19 pm

hi guys,
fished just left of carpark 2100ish till o830.

conditions;- dry,cold, light winds north going west. flat calm, clear water
not ideal.

high water;- 0030 neap

baits ;- rag,squid,macky and black.

rigs;- pennel pulley 2/0s / 2 hook clipped 1/0s

had bites early on but couldn't catch 'em, all went dead after an hour till ebb started at 01.00 then more bites in the maner of pout and doggs.

caught;- 1 doggie ,2 micro pout.
my m8 dave had 2doggies.

lots of missed bites, frustrateing, dave also caught a couple of hermit crabs, made a change from the usual summer spiders.

Gee jayy.