new and just fished hayling island

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

kojak

new and just fished hayling island

Post by kojak »

firstly hello to you all lust joined the forum but i have been watching for a while and looks good.

ok today fished hayling island in the deep water area near the life boat station and didnt catch a thing had one very good take but that was it anyone fished that part of hayling lately

mford

Post by mford »

Hi.
welcome to the forum . If you need to know anything about hayling look out for eccles on here what he dont know aint worth knowing .

Cheers mark

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

A warm welcome to the forum mate looking forward to your catch reports and pics if possible, Cheers keith :D :D :D :D

kojak

Post by kojak »

thank you

showman

Post by showman »

Hi Kojak, and welcome! Have a look at my post re hayling and maggy lane... i was fishing hayling this morning and had a couple of whiting that made an appearance... from what i've heard and tried, best to fish south side of hayling either near or between the inn on the beach and the fun fair - eaststoke does pretty well also but i've yet to venture that way!!

Happy hunting!

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Hi Kojak welcome to the site, good luck next time out. (Who luvs ya baby >:) ) Tightlines....Mick

eccles
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by eccles »

Hi Kojak, Where you went can be good in the summer if the tides are neap but not a lot happens this time of year. Like the man said, best to try the stretch Funfair to Inn on the Beach or Eastoke Groynes around high water and especially after dark. Is often better just after a south/westerly blow and in fact I did have a decent bass near the Funfair last week just after the last storm. Oddly enough that was during the day - we decided to give it a go as it was the day after the storm and were using slipper limpet for bait. If codling turn up it is generally at Eastoke at night on the high tide.