lfcrob

is south parade pier fishing well?

Post by lfcrob »

im going saturday any tips on rigs and what bait to use any help would great

pompeyjohn
Occasional
Occasional

Post by pompeyjohn »

Bait for me is the simple one Ragworm, Squid, Mackeral take them and u should be fine. Last report from pier i have was on Saturday last. Some friends fished and only caught a couple of small wrasse.

I would assume daytime would be its usual rubbish and nighttime would be the usual suspects in terms of fish.

Sorry i cant help anymore i personally try to avoid the Pier not my favourite hunting ground.

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

As pompeyjohn said,however there are still some nice bass coming to mackeral head under the pier at night,fish the lower deck and use a short rod ;)

gman

Post by gman »

fished there last night from 3 till 1 in the afternnon, caught nothing!!! and itt was pouring with rain so it dident help and then when my mate pulled up a big wrasse when he unhoocked it the wrase nocked my box in and all my gear!!!!

gallagher08
Occasional
Occasional

Post by gallagher08 »

gman wrote:fished there last night from 3 till 1 in the afternnon, caught nothing!!! and itt was pouring with rain so it dident help and then when my mate pulled up a big wrasse when he unhoocked it the wrase nocked my box in and all my gear!!!!
did some of it fall through holes :-S :-S :-S

lfcrob

Post by lfcrob »

i fished there yesterday 3 till 6 it was cold wet windy and slippery i didnt catch but my mate had a small pout three of us went .