lures, wedges

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

gman

lures, wedges

Post by gman »

hi, im sorta new to fishing only been doing it for around 6-7 months and havent really got past bottom fishing and float fishing off south parade pier. so i was wondering could you use a dexter wedge or a bass lure of the end of southparade pier? also should i jigg it up and down or just reel in slowly and cast back out. oh yeah and would it be effective at night?? thanks alot
Luke >:D<

gallagher08
Occasional
Occasional

Post by gallagher08 »

ive heard theres usually bass around but i don know about lures
worth a try though
and if you do tell us how you get on

josh

riki_79

Post by riki_79 »

I always find casting and reeling back works best and change the speed of the reel back, as well as a quick reel slow reel in one cast to get the lure moving vertically as well as horizonally. Just try everything with regards to speed, and accuracys much more important than distance. I used to have loads of success with the eddystone eels & little tiny 2 inch delta eels (Best 2 hour session ever with about 12 bass with, best of about 8 pound). I try to use a long ledger ranging 4-8 feet, with a hevier weight for the cast 3oz and instead of casting off the end of the pier try right along side (maybe on the beach) so the current pulls the lure slightly under the pier. You do lose quite a bit of tackle, but the little lures are about 30p each if you buy in bulk.
Never bothered at night as I tend to go for black lures, but supposedly it's the vibrations whioch get the fish going.
Hope this helps

bassfly
Advanced User
Advanced User

lures

Post by bassfly »

I use lures quite a lot,get a good selection,surface poppers,rapalas etc.Monster tackle/Veals etc.You should try Eastney pier on the ebb,fish the rh side of it as the tide will take your kit away from the snags as you retrieve towards it.Ive had some nice bass from there.

gman

Post by gman »

cheers for that everyone helped a lot! also do you think baiting the lure with rag or any other bait would work? and i no this is off the subject but ivwe got 3 garfish in my freezer for bait i was wondering how to use it and what fish go for the garrys??

bassfly
Advanced User
Advanced User

baits

Post by bassfly »

Cant help you on that one as i only fly fish and spin.I do believe its a good ol' smelly bait though.