Magazine lane 25/10/08

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Magazine lane 25/10/08

Post by flattiefanatic »

Hello went to magazine lane with a few mates last night,got on the wall about 5.30pm with a load of people on the wall already so we decided to move to the right hand side of the wall and proceed to set-up.

As you can guess we was all in from the off with pout,pout and more pout,a 28cm sole came in to a club to the right and near the beach end a 2 1/2 to 3lb codling came in,shame there wasn't any whiting but to be honest the pout were biting as soon as you cast out. There are still some spider crabs out there and most of us lost a few hooks i even caught a 28cm pout with a spider crab brought in by the grip lead :-O . Biggest pout fell to one of my m8's at 31cm,we packed up at 11pm after a decent pout fest which was fun because it was a bite a chuck even if you didn't always land a fish ;)

GaryBadd

Post by GaryBadd »

nice report FF

was it shelterd at maggy ??

thanks
Gary

flattiefanatic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by flattiefanatic »

A bit of a breeze m8y but it was coming over our shoulder with the occasional gust side on however a lot more sheltered than south facing beaches ;)

Charlie_PFC

Post by Charlie_PFC »

Yep, you got it spot on. I never lost a trace through snags, but had 13 :-O , yes 13 hooks either bitten off by spiders or snipped off to save damaging yet another pout!

It was crowded too, had a few tangles to sort out. Sorry Stew lol

waverider14
Regular
Regular

Post by waverider14 »

Nice report mate good catches ,
The beach at Calshot wasnt that bad bit of wind but hey worth it for a good cause and got to meet loads of faces from on here.

Jay

whippet_72

Post by whippet_72 »

I started off fishing at Calshot at the competition last night and blanked so ended up at Maggy lane about 2 this morning to rectify this bad situation! Had pretty much the same as you guys, plenty of half decent sized pout and had whiting at first light this morning. Also there were some spider crabs but don't think i had them as bad as you lot. Eventually finished up at 7 this morning, quite a good night all in all. Enjoyed the comp and in the end managed to get a few fish! Regards, Mike Roberts. >:D<

skilling

Post by skilling »

theres nothing quite like a pout fest to keep you busy. better than blanking tho stu.

gallagher08
Occasional
Occasional

Post by gallagher08 »

nice report well done ff