help needed

anything south coast sea fishing related here

Moderator: Admin

colinc1968

help needed

Post by colinc1968 »

Hi everyone

Just getting back into beach fishing after a long break,Can anybody tell me any good fishing spots in the southampton area as im now living in totton.Also i have a 20lb breaking strain on my reel what breaking strain do i use as a leeda line and how much do i put on.Any help would be great

thanks
colin

zziply

Post by zziply »

I'm quite surprised nobody as answered you sooner. I'm not from your area but for a leader line you should use 10lb per oz of lead -

so

50lb for a 5oz
60lb for a 6oz
etc

Look at Neil Mackellows web site for how to tie the line together as it is much better explained than I could do here.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

About 5 to6 turns around the reel plus the lenght of the rod. keith

GaryBadd

Post by GaryBadd »

hiya colin you got magazine lane close to you and hythe and calshot and lepe , other side of the river is mayflower park town quay cross house weston shore and hamble leading to westfield common is there a certain area you want to know about ??? also if you got the park near redbridge train st which is good for bass and mullet and goate beach near eling quay its a eel and flounder bed , if you need more help on locations just give us a shout , hope this helps
Gary