Trip to Hull end of July

anything North East Coast sea fishing related here
Andy_G

Trip to Hull end of July

Post by Andy_G » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:17 am

New to the site and the forumm and need advice please. I need to be in Hull at the end of July and want to combine the trip with some fishing. Can anyone tell me the best place and time to be to catch and what to expect please? I've heard about Victoria Dock and near the Humber bridge but that's it. All and any advice greatly appreciated, many thanks.

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:32 am

Royboy is the one to contact in that area I' sure he will be able to advise you on bait, tackle and locations.
Cheers
keith :D :D

Andy_G

Post by Andy_G » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:10 am

Nice one, cheers for that.

royboy
NE Coast Moderator
NE Coast Moderator

Post by royboy » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:57 pm

welcome to the site the docks do fish well but you can be at the coast in 30mins and theres loads of fish coming out theres loads of smoothounds doggies thornbacks and bass on the docks you will only catch flatties ive had around 80 smoothounds this year on live shrimp you can get your shrimp at low water then use them for bait
send me a pm with your number near the end of the month and ill tell you weres fishing and were to get your bait ill even go fishing with you

Andy_G

Post by Andy_G » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:06 pm

Nice one Roy, much appreciated, I'll be there on the 24th for most of the day but have to nip off for an hour or so at 13:00 as I have a hospital appointment. When I'm done I'll continue fishing, there'll be two of us when I come up as my mate will be with me.