filey brig

anything North East Coast sea fishing related here
madfishinman

filey brig

Post by madfishinman »

thinking of fishing filey brig on sat anyone got any info on this venue pls?????

Bricktop

Filey Brigg

Post by Bricktop »

I fished it last week and blanked but my mate took 1 flounder. That was 2hrs before high tide.
I was told that it fishes better 2hrs either side of low tide. My mate took his boy there at low tide and took 3 flounder. So I think low tide is best for the Brigg.

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Hi, Filey brigg does fish at low tide, but the 2 hour before n after low are the general rule because of the tide. If you fish later you get cut off and have to use the escape ladders to get back off again. If you fish by the ladders, and dont mind waiting till about 3 hours after HW, you can get back along the beach. If you do fish it, go to the left when you get to the end, look for the 1st ladder on the cliff face, and fish in front, less snags, and good for spinning (Macky) and as the brigg is made up of ledges you can just drop a line over the edge and catch. I took my G/son, he caught 3 macky on a crabline, at the edge, 2 guys with all the gear blanked, they were casting too far. Always watch the tide for 5 mins or so before jumping down to the bottom ledges, make sure its safe to do so, i was almost drowned a few years ago, its on here what happened, my gear got washed away, i was over 15ft underwater, but held onto the ledge so i wasnt swept off. that was the 1st time in over 30 years i have ever seen waves like that, but i always check now. Good luck, anything else just ask. PS no bait or tackle shops in filey. unless you count the cockle stall. :D Cheers....Mick

madfishinman

Post by madfishinman »

cheers mick will have a good day then on sat or might just do some beach casting somewhere lol and as for bait i got lots of mackrel that i caught other week when out on boat lol :D