braid which type????

anything North East Coast sea fishing related here
manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Tested the rod and 50lb braid, Great stuff, high winds choppy sea off Brid, hardly any movement in the rod tip. I will be getting some more for my other large reel. F/S never use it with a Multiplier for beach fishing. if it nests its impossible to untangle. :D :D

donnylad

Post by donnylad »

manic_muppet wrote:Tested the rod and 50lb braid, Great stuff, high winds choppy sea off Brid, hardly any movement in the rod tip. I will be getting some more for my other large reel. F/S never use it with a Multiplier for beach fishing. if it nests its impossible to untangle. :D :D

I've been using braid/long rod system for a while now,to be honest it's the best system i've used in over 40yrs fishing,i find the bite indication superb,i also use 80lb strait through,and for those doubter's who think it's dangerous,it's much safer than a 60lb shock leader and the added bonus of no knots,there are one or two sceptic's in the game that insist the braid rub's away faster than a mono leader,well all i can say i've had the braid on for almost a year now,and it's still look's fine to me,the minute it does look "dodgy" then i'll turn it round and get another year out of the same spool ;) there's some great bargains to be had on ebay(chinese braid)at a quarter of the price of some of the braid in this country,and to be honest just as good,so dont jump in have a shop round you will not be dissapointed :)

mick.