very bad news for the holderness coast..

anything North East Coast sea fishing related here
bomberpete
Occasional
Occasional

very bad news for the holderness coast..

Post by bomberpete »

10 french trawlers are in the area are in to clear it full of fish.. X( X( X(

Now if 10 British trawlers where in the area just of the french coast, I know the local french fisherman would all gang up and get in there boats and threaten and force the trawlers away..

Its shame that people in this country lets the government and the EU to walk all over them... :-S :-S :-S

MPM

fishingnuts95
Occasional
Occasional

Post by fishingnuts95 »

i totally agree with you, even just 1 english trawler in there waters they get all uptight. when ever i am out on the south coast without fail there are french trawlers on our side of the channel.
I have just seen these trawlers on AIS, google it and the location of every ship in the world who has it set up is shown and these 10 trawlers are not even far from the coast its outrageous.
fishingnuts95

bomberpete
Occasional
Occasional

Post by bomberpete »

been talking to a friend who's been fishing the coast 4 or 5 evenings/nights a week and has noticed a dramatic drop in bites and fish in the last 2 nights...

He's going to keep trying till the end of the weekend and if it's a bit dead he will give it a rest till winter!!

I'm going to take it easy and give the humber a bash for a few hours sunday morning( 6.30 - 10) from my car on king george car park has i've been feeling crap all week...

MPM

ballkeeper
Occasional
Occasional

Post by ballkeeper »

thought there be rules an regs to stop that,
so best not fish over there then?

fishingnuts95
Occasional
Occasional

Post by fishingnuts95 »

just to update had another look and they have all gone, meaning the fish have probably all gone aswell, they are all heading back to france probably to un-load.
Good luck on sunday
fishingnuts95

fishingnuts95
Occasional
Occasional

Post by fishingnuts95 »

There are now 14 french trawlers heading back up to your part of England and they are not to far away, 1 is almost at bridlington furthest away is at lowestoft. just a warning if your planning to fish that coastline in the next couple days.
Fishingnuts95

ballkeeper
Occasional
Occasional

Post by ballkeeper »

WELL THERE CATCH NOWT THEN,since the last lot took em as you say

bomberpete
Occasional
Occasional

Post by bomberpete »

cheers Fishingnuts95 for the info...

MPM

Iknowagoodplaice
Regular
Regular

Post by Iknowagoodplaice »

Hardly matters what nationality they are. The seas are heavily overfished, and that is that. Let's hope the efforts to change the rules on commercial fishing bring benefits. I have no great expectation though.

donnylad

Post by donnylad »