filey brigg report

anything North East Coast sea fishing related here
ingram83

filey brigg report

Post by ingram83 »

For anyone who hasn't fished this mark but is intrested its a very hard spot to get on. First theirs the rope u use to get down the side of the cliff more like a hill I would say. Then a ladder. U will also need a rope to lower u gear down the cliff side.

Fished their today a mark named ling rock. Fished from high to low water used pulley panel rigs with worms and 1 rod. Day started great first 2 cast 2 fish both nice size parties. Was dead then for a long time, then just before low water had a bite which was my last fish for the day it was small and undersized but man I was so happy it was my cod.
One of the guys who I was fishing with today also had a 2 pound cod just after my small one.

Devvo
Occasional
Occasional

Post by Devvo »

well a cods a cod and youve got one before me. Good report m8 :)

Dev :D

dontcatchmuch

Post by dontcatchmuch »

hi ingram83 sounds like you went on one of those princes trust adventure days rarther than a fishing trip with the ropes to get up and down the cliffs
:D :D :D defo not a mark for the disabled forum then :D :D :D .
a nice report and well done on your first cod ,but i must ask what are parties.
steve

ingram83

Post by ingram83 »

Flatties lol auto correct on my phone lol

rabbi2
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by rabbi2 »

That Filey Brigg isn't for the faint hearted Iv'e seen pictures of it and it's not a venue that I would like to tackle.
Well done on the repot.
Cheers
keith :D :D

donnylad

Post by donnylad »

If anyone decides to fish the brigg,a bit of advice,try to get some local knowledge first,and dont be temted to fish it at night,it can be one of the best places on the east coast,"BUT" if you dont respect it it could cost you your life,as a few poor soul's have found out over the year's,low water and a small tide are the safest option's coupled with very little wind,and "NEVER" go alone it's just not worth it.....other than that it's fine :D