friday/saturday

anything North East Coast sea fishing related here
mickymad109

friday/saturday

Post by mickymad109 »

started out at the wansbeck mouth friday afternoon a bit slow to start with the a couple of hours before high it took of loads of flattys and coalies mainly small stuff with a few decent flattys thrown in it was another case of you couldnt get your bait in the water before you had bites , then an hour after the flood my m8 gets a knock that he thought was another coalie but when he reeled in he had this

about a pound , hehe i was gutted but pleased he got it , then we had more flattys and coalies and as the tide ebbed we followed it out for the last cast when we both get belter knock my m8 had two decent coalies and when i struck mine i thought id got my bass but it wasnt to be it was a nice flatty at 29cm and real chunky

love this place its so peacefull and if you look to the bottom right you can see a guy fly fishing , only seen him get a coalie though

and the regular night time pic lol

on saturday we were joined by another m8 peter who came down from amble , we went out about 3ish as we were still knackered and went to the cambois side of the docks as the tide wasnt in i had a couple of coalies then we moved to behind alcan up from the ramp the water was like glass and hardly a breeze we were into coalie from the off just small again but kept us busy and poor peter blanked not even a bite for him , packed in at ten and came home .

baits used were maccy rag/lug/rag/razor/peeler/prawns

wansbeck , best bait was everthing but rag with the prawns doing the best , the bass was taken on lug rag

cambois , best bait peeler tipped with prawn though i did get one on rag tipped with prawn

LiamsTheMan

Post by LiamsTheMan »

Very nice you do good pictures :)

mickymad109

Post by mickymad109 »

thanks lol , its an old camera held together with elastic bands