south shields pier after hours parking

anything North East Coast sea fishing related here
scoob8254
Regular
Regular

south shields pier after hours parking

Post by scoob8254 »

i believe the pier carpark closes at midnight, wheres the best and safest place to park if doing a bit of after hours fishing at the pier

scoobs

scoob8254
Regular
Regular

Post by scoob8254 »

take it nobody knows :(

geordiesandman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by geordiesandman »

the only place i can think of is along side the marine park(between that and the bents park, or on the hill up to the lawe top. but for bot, i've only ever parked there during the day, so not 100 % sure.at the other end, theres a call center carark, but thats a hell of a hike if youve got all your gear. though you can fish into the river on there, but there are residents to consider.

the other option might be the very front of the carpark, the coach part. i dont theink that closes at all but i dont know if you are alowed to park there.

final option would be t join the south shields fishing club. as far as i know you get a key to the hut (near the bragade hut) and you can park at the back of the fair. once the fair is closed however, i'm not to sure what happens?
in that respect, have a word with 'terry wood' at reelsport in south shields

hope this helps

graham

scoob8254
Regular
Regular

Post by scoob8254 »

cheers, gonna try and get parked near the houses on the over side of the park, just been and picked up some ragworm and peelers from frasers, got loads a razor in freezer so will take some of that as well,

prob get to pier about 9pm tonight and fish to early hrs, hopefully wont blank :/

scoobs

geordiesandman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by geordiesandman »

good luck, keep me posted

sushi

rag

Post by sushi »

i have been traying to get some rag for frasers the past 3 to 6 weeks and every time they tell me they only have lug :(( :(( :(( :((

newbee
Occasional
Occasional

Re: rag

Post by newbee »

sushi wrote:i have been traying to get some rag for frasers the past 3 to 6 weeks and every time they tell me they only have lug :(( :(( :(( :((
i went in yesterday afternoon and got 2 bags of rag . wots best to do is phone them to find out wot time delivery time is m8

geordiesandman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by geordiesandman »

if your going into south shields and getting there during the day, try reelsport on dean rd, they usually have plenty rag and lug, but again, ring in advance, they'll usually keep some back for you too if you ask

graham