Knots

anything North East Coast sea fishing related here
sushi

Knots

Post by sushi »

As im fishing on the cheep or at least trying to i thaught i might try to tie my own rigs and i was looking for some desighns so i lokked at sea-fishing-rigs and my question is the set up on the pennel rig (sea-fishing-rig3) Diag 2 the first hook on that rig what is the nami of the knot down the shank of the first hook and how do you tie i have looked at sea-fishing-knots but could not see it there can eany one help please :(( :(( :(( :(( :((

scoob8254
Regular
Regular

Post by scoob8254 »

if you mean the first/top hook which is usualy smaller then the one on the end of the snood then its not a knot, i personaly use silicon 3mm silicon tube cut to length, put the tube on first then thread the snood thru the ye of ya hook then slide over the tubing, this lets u slide the top hook up and down depending on bait..

some people dont use tubing but just thread the snood thru the eye and just wrap the line round the shank a few times, this also lets u slide the hook

heres a pick showing better the tubing, Image

and heres a pic showing just wrapping Image

the pulley pennel is by far my fav rig to use., specialy as most of the ground up here is mixed ground, just remember usualy the top hook is smaller then ya main hook,
scoobs[/img]

geordiesandman
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by geordiesandman »

out of interest scoob, i notice that you use a clip at the end of the snood, i usually tie a swivel at that point....is there a reason for this, or is it simply personal preference??

graham

scoob8254
Regular
Regular

Post by scoob8254 »

not my photos m8, i just used em as examples, i never use clips on my snoods, i usualy just have em tied to a swivel like yaself

scoobs