after a good storm

anything North East Coast sea fishing related here
newbee
Occasional
Occasional

after a good storm

Post by newbee »

ive been telt the best time to fish is after we have some real nasty weather is this true ? i come on here everyday this week after we have had very bad winds and lots of rain to look at the longsands cam and every time i look its carm sea's is it worth goin down there today?

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Hi Newbee, any days worth going, the idea behind storms is that it throws up food buried in the sand, due to rougher seas. but if the fish only came in after rough weather we wouldnt go out much :D give it a try, its better than watching repeats on telly. Cheers..Mick

newbee
Occasional
Occasional

Post by newbee »

i cant agree more with the same old stuff on tv lol. you have made my mind up and im away to try my look down king eddys bay in tynemouth or maybe the beach at the fish quay

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Good luck, let us know how you got on. Cheers...Mick

tjgforce

Post by tjgforce »

After a good sea it not only puts food in the water but also colours the sea close in, fish will feel more secure feeding close in than when the water is clear. When we get a good sea on for a good length of time it will colour the sea further out up to a mile then larger fish come in and stay in and feel safe.

newbee
Occasional
Occasional

Post by newbee »

WELL guys i spent 4 hours fishing off the old outdoor pool at the end of tynemouths long sands and all i got was 6 5inch coalies , im thinking im getting followed as that all ive had for weeks lol, lets hope fishing all nite tomorrow makes for better fishing

manic_muppet
Honorary Member R.I.P

Post by manic_muppet »

Well thats not so bad, ive sat in all day watching star trek :(( and hopefully this year is going to be much better than last year. :D

steveseagull
Occasional
Occasional

Post by steveseagull »

Watching star trek? All of our pals in the North West have , apparently, been watching Waterworld all day! (and it isnt the flow of tears from Irish footie fans).